Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me how to sand down the outer barrel please(ksc glock 19), pm me because it will save blocking up the main topic, cheers

Just get some 400 and 600 grit sandpaper or finer and sand away. Not that hard, just be consistant with your sanding strokes for a good finish, you can also polish it once you are done sanding.

Just get some 400 and 600 grit sandpaper or finer and sand away. Not that hard, just be consistant with your sanding strokes for a good finish, you can also polish it once you are done sanding.

I have done it and it looks great , whats the best thing to polish it with, someone said toothpaste! But im still not sure

I have done it and it looks great , whats the best thing to polish it with, someone said toothpaste! But im still not sure

Toothpaste is actually a good polisher and readily handy, I use it. If you go to the local hardware store they should have a variety of metal compounds and polishes. Just pick whatever sounds best if you dont want to use toothpaste, or try the toothpaste out first.

Wehrmacht54, what kind of silencer is that and do you have any problems cycling your gun with it on?

Thanks!

uhh i think its king and arms? Not totally sure. i do know its both CCW and CW because there is a thread on both ends. Plus its filled with foam.

And I have had absolutely no cycling problems whatsoever. And that was with the weak plastic recoil spring. Even that was fine. I replaced it though with a guarder enhanced recoil spring with a metal rod. Not too much difference except it makes it ALOT more fun to shoot.

My G17-SD.

G&P MK23 Supressor

G&P Metal Slide

Guarder Metal Threaded Outer Barrel 14mm+

Guarder Steel Magazine Catch

Guarder Powerup Hammer Spring

Real Streamlight M6 LAM Unit

G17_005.jpg

G17_002.jpg

G17_001.jpg

G17_M6.jpg

1024_G17_2.jpg

Edited by Jonny

My KWA Glock 26C. First GBB I ever purchased, and still kicking!

Glock26shiny002.jpg

Glock26shiny004.jpg

KWA G26C Base

G&G Threaded Barrel

KM 110x30 Suppressor

Homemade high-flow valve

Custom fitting done to slide interior, frame rails, ejection port front lip and chamber front lip to get it to cycle properly. Slide, suppressor and barrel chamber polished to a mirror shine via dremel, very fine sandpaper, steel wool and lots of spare time.

This gun never sees the field for obvious reasons. If I dropped that gun and messed up the slide after the work I put into it, I'd be a sad panda. Its so smooth that the slide feels like it is made of glass.

Well, since my Glock is over 3 years old, and all the work was done quite a while ago, I cannot specifically name some of the grits. I only used one grit though, and that was the absolute finest grit that was available.

The process went a bit like this:

Dremel with wire brush attachment to remove the paint.

Fine grit sandpaper to get the finish going in one direction.

Dremel with wire brush once again.

Dremel with polishing disc and compound.

000 Steel wool to final polish - very LONG process but well worth it.

All of this was done over the course of 6 months to one year, gradually over time. The silencer was a very easy job - just used the same sandpaper and steel wool (no dremel though).

The toughest part of this project was the addition of the new barrel and silencer. Barrels in the KWA Glock series seem to be prone to vertical movement towards the rear, and the added weight of the silencer forced the chamber up too far into the ejection port in the slide, causing the gun to not cycle at all. Also, the hop up unit and inner barrel do not fit that well into the G&G threaded one, and had to be sanded down slightly for it to slide in and not get stuck. Then, to get the gun to cycle properly, I had to sand both the lip of the ejection port on the slide and the front of the barrel chamber to matching 45 degree angles. Only then could the gun cycle and fire reliably. This causes the silencer to sometimes dip down at a slight angle in the front (maybe like a 1 degree tilt downward), but really doesn't effect the performance. The valve I modified in the magazine lets out enough gas to compensate for the added muzzle weight as well, but boosts the velocity beyond forum limits (which is another reason I don't skirmish with this piece, it is simply too powerful for a sidearm).

Overall though, it was worth all the work. The slide has a few scratches and imperfections as you can see, but this was my first attempt ever at polishing a slide and in that retrospect I think it turned out alright.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad to see people like my work.

Ok, here's my glock 19 ..

Before you guys mention about my polish job.. yup.. it is not perfect yet, still in the process

At the moment what I have done was simply using some fine grit sanding sponge and 1000 grit sanding paper to get rid of the paint, smooth the surface abit.. but I think there are still plenty to do before I am happy with it :)

anyway, enjoy!

DSCN0918re.jpg

DSCN0921re.jpg