Glock Picture Thread

Just to note...the problem with the cycling of G&G barrels is because of the way the inner barrel engages the outer. It has nothing to do with how the shape of the barrel or the material of the slide.

If you notice when the slide is back, the outer barrel moves backward slightly. The inner barrel gets caught against the front edge of the outer barrel. At least this was the case for my G26C.

Hope this helps.  :)

Sorry if I sound like an *albatross* here but, I own 13 Glocks 7 of which are KSC/KWA. 4 of which are G19s. I have used the G&G barrels in the G19s and G26Cs.

You are wrong about the engagement of the inner and outer barrels.

I have owned 5 G&G barrels, I own 3 G&G G19 slides.

You are wrong that the material of the slide has nothing to do with it. THe material and weight of the slide are HUGE factors.

The plastic slides are much lighter and more flexible which allow them to be blown back even with the G&G barrel unmodified. I know, because I used a G19 with a plastic slide G&G barrel, G&Gss100 silencer, and 170mm inner barrel for half a year. In order to make the G19 work with the G&G metal slide I had to use a SD threaded barrel and shorten the inner barrel length to 139mm to decrease the weight on the barrel end enough to allow the gun to cycle.

My metal slide G26C cycles perfectly with the G&G barrel with the sanded top of the chamber. Nothing to do with the inner and outer barrels. Same goes with one of my metal G19s. Those are my only two I currently use G&G threaded barrels in.

Edited by ViciousV10s
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I sound like an *albatross* here but, I own 13 Glocks 7 of which are KSC/KWA. 4 of which are G19s. I have used the G&G barrels in the G19s and G26Cs.

You are wrong about the engagement of the inner and outer barrels.

I have owned 5 G&G barrels, I own 3 G&G G19 slides.

You are wrong that the material of the slide has nothing to do with it. THe material and weight of the slide are HUGE factors.

The plastic slides are much lighter and more flexible which allow them to be blown back even with the G&G barrel unmodified. I know, because I used a G19 with a plastic slide G&G barrel, G&Gss100 silencer, and 170mm inner barrel for half a year. In order to make the G19 work with the G&G metal slide I had to use a SD threaded barrel and shorten the inner barrel length to 139mm to decrease the weight on the barrel end enough to allow the gun to cycle.

My metal slide G26C cycles perfectly with the G&G barrel with the sanded top of the chamber. Nothing to do with the inner and outer barrels. Same goes with one of my metal G19s.  Those are my only two I currently use G&G threaded barrels in.

I apologize if I offend you in any way.

Perhaps I was given a defective G&G barrel. There was no way the inner barrel was fitting properly in my KSC G26C. I could not even pull the slide back an inch. I could clearly see the inner barrel was getting jambed up against the outer. I did not touch the finish of the outer barrel or slide in any way and it cycles without any problems.

Again, maybe just an outlier that I got.

Hope this helps :)

I apologize if I offend you in any way.

Perhaps I was given a defective G&G barrel. There was no way the inner barrel was fitting properly in my KSC G26C. I could not even pull the slide back an inch. I could clearly see the inner barrel was getting jambed up against the outer. I did not touch the finish of the outer barrel or slide in any way and it cycles without any problems.

Again, maybe just an outlier that I got.

Hope this helps  :)

So I guess your G&G barrel was just weird?

Does your G26C have a metal or plastic slide?

And what did you do to remedy the problem?

To get back on topic of Glock pics, Here's my current elite Glock Armory (I say elite because I have other Glocks but they dont qualify to be in the pic).

I finally got a decent display rack to put my Glocks on so I decided to take a few pics and show you all my current Glock collection.

From left to right:

KSC Glock 19

KSC Glock 19

KSC Glock 18C

KJW Glock 23

KJW Glock 23

MGC Glock 19

MGC Glock 19

MGC Glock 18

MGC Glock 22

gallery_001.sized.jpg

gallery_002.sized.jpg

gallery_004.sized.jpg

Forgot to put the Super KSC Glock 19 in the pic since it's not on the stand.

gallery_005.sized.jpg

So I guess your G&G barrel was just weird?

Does your G26C have a metal or plastic slide?

And what did you do to remedy the problem?

I guess mine was just an oddity; at the time I assumed all G&G's were bad since I read some ramblings on other boards. I'm using a metal slide that came with a barrel. This is the one I'm using:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-G26C_srch_G26C

This is barrel I'm using now:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...G06019_srch_G26

As soon as I got the new barrel, I noticed the inner barrel did not fit at all. It should drop into place, but I had to apply pressure (the fit was so tight, there was no way the slide was going to cycle). I did re-assemble it and sure enough, the slide did not budge at all (I'm sure you know, the inner needs to be free so the outer can fall down into place when the slide cycles).

I took off the inner barrel ring (part 9) and the inner fell into place. BUT, I noticed that the front edge was still getting caught against whatever was pressing against the inner barrel ring. It still cycled, but about 1 in 6 shots jambed.

The fix was relatively simple. I used my milling machine and gradually took off material from the front inside suface of the outer barrel. I took off about a 1/32" (one pass)...be very careful not to touch the threads. I did nick some of the threads, but the inner barrel now fits fine WITH the barrel ring (part 9) and it cycles perfectly.

I suspect it was something near where the threads end and the barrel started. Before the fix, I noticed the inner was not moving up far enough (notice when the slide is back, the inner moves up the outer barrel...when the slide is front, the inner barrel sits a bit furthur back). I didn't touch the finish of the barrel or slide at all.

You can see pictures of my pistol on page 5 and 6. Hope this helps. :)

On a side note...where did you get your Optima? Or are you using JPoints? It look slightly different than mine. Are JPoints any better?

Edited by LeMongelo

Good info for those who have that problem with their G&G barrels and nice 26C.

My sight is the original FirePoint version, the Optima and Jpoints and FirePoints are all exactly the same models. Ive had two FirePoints and One Optima. From the research I did I found that the companies simply sold the design, first Firepoint sold it to Optima then Optima sold it to Jpoint.

Thanks for the compliments those who like my rack

Edited by ViciousV10s
Good info for those who have that problem with their G&G barrels and nice 26C.

My sight is the original FirePoint version, the Optima and Jpoints and FirePoints are all exactly the same models. Ive had two FirePoints and One Optima. From the research I did I found that the companies simply sold the design, first Firepoint sold it to Optima then Optima sold it to Jpoint.

Thanks for the compliments those who like my rack

I didn't know about FirePoint...so I guess the quality is all the same. I recently picked up a Docter and it was so much better than my Optima. I had some paralax problems and also kept loosing the dot in bright light even at 8MOA.

Thanks for the info.

I didn't know about FirePoint...so I guess the quality is all the same. I recently picked up a Docter and it was so much better than my Optima. I had some paralax problems and also kept loosing the dot in bright light even at 8MOA.

Thanks for the info.

I havent had a problem with light, supposedly the Firepoints/optimas/jpoints adjust to light automatically....

How do you like the Docter? Did you buy it new? I bought all my Firepoints/optima off Ebay.

I havent had a problem with light, supposedly the Firepoints/optimas/jpoints adjust to light automatically....

How do you like the Docter? Did you buy it new? I bought all my Firepoints/optima off Ebay.

Yes, I got both the Docter and Optima brand new. I prefer the Docter over the Optima (it might be because the Docter was purchased a bit more recently and naturally prefer a brand new sight over a used one). I don't use the Docter for airsoft. You can tell the it uses a better lens. I think the problem with my Optima is the light being reflected off of it...which the Docter has very little of.

I figured I'd join in and post some pics of my KJW Glock 23. Other than being "full metal" it's not very unique, but it's reliable and a heck of a lot of fun to shoot.

myglock002.jpg

myglock004.jpg

I don't have any experience with real glocks but mine doesn't seem to be lacking trades. Would be nice if I painted them white though.

Edited by Magnus
  • 2 weeks later...