CA to release springer

Lumin

Looking at the action it uses to cock - especially the drop down cocking handle under the foregrip im guessing it will be very simular to the TM xm and m16 springers - there pretty good rnage and accuracy for a springer and good r.o.f. with the under hand cocking handle - my bit - amano

Yeah it looks almost exactly like the TM XM177E2 springer.

I used to have one of those (my first proper airsoft gun, before gas guns and AEGs...) and it was pretty good. The cocking action was pretty good, power wasn't at all bad, and it was accurate too. I could have skirmished with it and had almost as much chance as someone with a TM shotgun!

To be clear, are we saying that you can cock the gun using the foregrip or the proper charging handle?

To be honest, I'm kinda disturbed that CA have released this. I hope it doesn't mean that a "high-end" AEG manufacturer has decided to sell a line of "entry level" stuff because there's more profit in springers.

Still, Mercedes and BMW now produce "entry level" products too. It's a good way to get people hooked on the brand. Maybe that's the reason for it?

Wonder if they're making it themselves or simply badge-engineering some other manufacturers product?

yes i think thats the definite reason - make cheap good springers, and people will be more inclined to buy an aeg from you. just like people who buy squire guitars usually get a fender eventually.

i wish they would bring out somehting a bit different to another fekin armalite though. surely cheap springers is the perect option to test new designs and models, to see how popular they are, like say maybe a...........L85 !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I play with jsut springers(just ordered an aeg not here yet). They are fun to use when only against other springer people. Or as a begginner sniper rifle. Don;t knock springers we all had to start somewhere.

I was reading about ICS, and apparently they've been making air cocking and GBB guns since 1983 (in Taiwan) and in 1998 decided to get into the AEG market. Remember we are reading the English sites... we only get what is exported to us. I talk to people from other countries in SE Asia all the time, and they all have had airsoft guns at one point or another. They didn't call them airsoft guns though. There is probably a HUGE market of cheap stupid guns that we have never heard about. Well, aside from those cheap springers that cost $5 on eBay...

Maybe this will be a decent springer who knows? I love my AEG's and GBB's, but when you're out of gas and you don't want to charge your AEG or cause unneeded wear, and want to shoot your friends for being stupid, having that good ole' reliable springer around never hurts... I always keep one around in case I need it ;)

Archived