Steyr pictures/gallery

Bah, no such thing as AUG "mil" and "civvy". Flashhider is on sideways :P

The gas plug is just for looks. I glued mine in. Apparently it helps in resale value.

Fine, A1 and A2 :P

Thanks for the tip on the gas plug. I can stop worrying now and glue it/take it off.

Alright, i'm a genius. I took the flashhider off to fix it, and thought i'd see how the silencer looked. I screw the end of the silencer on, goes on easily enough, then BAM. It just stops at the end of the thread and now it will not move an inch. FFS.

I've either got to cut the thing off (ruin it) or buy a new barrel component that I can swap out easily. Where can I buy an outer barrel with the front grip?

ARRGHGGHGHGGH

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, no such thing as AUG "mil" and "civvy". Flashhider is on sideways :P

The gas plug is just for looks. I glued mine in. Apparently it helps in resale value.

Bah, no such thing as a "Flashhider". It's a flash excluder - it hides nothing, merely prevents the flash obscuring the firer's line of sight to the target.

Bah, no such thing as a "Flashhider"

Tell that to every single firearms/firearm accessory manufacturer in the world ;)

it hides nothing, merely prevents the flash obscuring the firer's line of sight to the target.

It's actually meant to keep the enemy from spotting your position, and also to preserve your night vision at night.

Edited by sekiryu
It's actually meant to keep the enemy from spotting your position

Wrong. :waggle: If this were the case, why would it direct the muzzle flash into a lovely star-shape around the muzzle? :unsure:

Its sole purpose is to keep the flash out of the shooter's line of sight, thus preventing flash blindness and loss of sight picture. Especially at night, as you mention.

For concealment, you want a suppressor or silencer, which is a completely different kettle of fish.

It was said no Glocks :D Lovely guns BTW, you can't beat a good ol' green AUG A1.

For the flash hider issue, you should see the flash created by a rifle without one. Even if it makes a star on the shooter's position, it reduces the length of the flash a lot, and that's what you're after in terms of discretion. And the issue of night vision is very important too, of course.

Brits call it a flash eliminator.

Fullforce, email leonardinjapan@hotmail.com with the parts you need for the AUG and he'll get them for you.

Thank you so much! Any ideas how much that'd cost (that'd basically be every component in that picture) and whether he'd stick it all together?

Thanks again!

Sorry :/

Only pic I have of the TMP.

Btw: CA AUGA1/KSC Glock26C/KSC TMP

Arrr, it be Marine1st!

Its sole purpose is to keep the flash out of the shooter's line of sight

Except that "lovely star shape" would put a strand of flash directly into the shooter's line of sight. And ususally isn't that visible unless it's a movie/video game. Not all would make a star pattern either.

Over here it goes by the name of "flashhider", "flash suppressor", or "compensator". Never "flash excluder".

I wonder why the term "flash excluder" only gets 5 hits on Google, yet "flash hider" gets 86,800 ;)

Any word on those AUG closed-style flashhiders (as they are called by all the US Steyr AUG dealers)? I can only find them on Evike <_<

Edited by sekiryu
Except that "lovely star shape" would put a strand of flash directly into the shooter's line of sight. And ususally isn't that visible unless it's a movie/video game. Not all would make a star pattern either.

Over here it goes by the name of "flashhider", "flash suppressor", or "compensator". Never "flash excluder".

I wonder why the term "flash excluder" only gets 5 hits on Google, yet "flash hider" gets 86,800 ;)

Any word on those AUG closed-style flashhiders (as they are called by all the US Steyr AUG dealers)? I can only find them on Evike <_<

Have you tried www.Google.co.uk?

:D

-Vic

Who gives a *beep* ??

Any word on the JG AUG with built in scope?

Or am i just going to have to buy the CA

Thank you so much! Any ideas how much that'd cost (that'd basically be every component in that picture) and whether he'd stick it all together?

Thanks again!

I have no idea. He'll give you a quote and sticking them together is a piece of wee. It'll be cheaper for it to be posted to you if it is in bits, the parcel is smaller.

• 5 months later...