HSGI Wasatch vs. Weesatch

LoneWolf

Which one? (please read my post first!)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which one? (please read my post first!)

• Wasatch
    • Weesatch

I'm in need of a rig for spring, I've narrowed my search down to these two vests.

I am a support gunner, and my original plan was to buy a BHI CRCH, slap on 2 200rnd SAW pouches and 4 Mk23 pistol pouches on the bib. But, I won't take that big-*albatross* SAW to CQB, so I would have to buy 6 M4pouches (that's about 60USD from LightFighter for the pouches).

The Weesatch and Wasatch combined both worlds, with the ability to add those SAW pouches, but they also had integrated M4 pouches. Will these pouches not get in the way of my SAW pouches? Will 4 pistol pouches not get in the way of the M4 mags?

Which system is better for me? I'm 6'0 and 190lbs.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

P.S.

Anyone know if HSGI makes these in either MultiCamo or CoyoteBrown? (same with pouches, where can I get MC or CB SAW pouches?)

Gene at HSGI will do whatever custom you wanna do... Just gotta give him a little time or see what every retailor has on hand... I think Optactical has the Weesatch in ACU or multicam... not 100% sure

As the Weesatch vs. Wasatch... Big question is are you on the larger side or just really buff (sorry for the bluntness)... I've got a weesatch and I've got it REALLY cinched up, but there's LOTS of room for adjustment, really just about anyone should be able to fit into one. Weesatch you can wear stand alone, Wasatch you really pretty much have to wear body armor replica underneath as its just simply put HUGE.

I've got 4 SDS pistol mag pouches on the bib at the moment and frankly don't have any problems getting my AK mags outta it, never had any problems with my M4 mags either... granted I had it slotted so the pouches acted more like 3 mag pouches rather than 2 mag pouches so I could fit 13 mags into the Weesatch. I imagine with the Wasatch you could get 16... not sure though honestly. Makes the front of the rig not super useful, but still you can carry a *fruitcage* load of mags without even adding any pouches, then leaving the bib for the pistol mags... works like a charm :D.

Alex "Col Sanders"

This isnt actually gonna help you decide between the two but here is a SAW setup I'm gonna order this month:

SDS MOLLE II RACK LBV Chest Harness - woodland - US $60 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6592545324)

SDS MOLLE II SAW Gunner Pouch Set - woodland camo - US $70 (http://cgi.ebay.com/SDS-MOLLE-II-SAW-Gunner-Pouch-Set-woodland-camo_W0QQitemZ6575235097QQcategoryZ36071QQcmdZViewItem)

SDS MOLLE II Waist / Butt Pack woodland or desert camo - US $25 (http://cgi.ebay.com/SDS-MOLLE-II-Waist-Butt-Pack-woodland-or-desert-camo_W0QQitemZ6575235010QQcategoryZ36071QQcmdZViewItem)

SDS MOLLE II Frag Pouches - WC, DC, OD or coyote - US $10 (http://cgi.ebay.com/SDS-MOLLE-II-Frag-Pouches-WC-DC-OD-or-coyote_W0QQitemZ6575235207QQcategoryZ36071QQcmdZViewItem)

SDS MOLLE II Frag Pouches - WC, DC, OD or coyote - US $10 (http://cgi.ebay.com/SDS-MOLLE-II-Frag-Pouches-WC-DC-OD-or-coyote_W0QQitemZ6575235207QQcategoryZ36071QQcmdZViewItem)

Hatch Centurion KP250 Knee Pads BLACK, OD, TAN, CAMO - US $20 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Hatch-Centurion-KP250-Knee-Pads-BLACK-OD-TAN-CAMO_W0QQitemZ6574676827QQcategoryZ36071QQcmdZViewItem)

All prices and links are from an ebay store called hispeedtactical, dont have any experience with them, but they seem reliable, and always answers on email within hours :)

How could you be fat a 6' weighing 190lb!!! that's my height and weight and i'm not big/fat in the slightest.

I've ordered the Proud LPC in coyote brown (i.e. their copy of the weesatch), and it should be coming next week. I don't know how similar it really is to the real thing in terms of fit, but seeing as we are supposedly similar in build i'll let you know how it fits when it gets here.

if i forget PM me :)

Well, all the girls tell me I'm big :blush: And I'll probably only get buffer after a few months (my friend is a Polish GROM who calls me a sissy as I cannot wield my CA249PARA single handed :rolleyes: ) as I plan on increasing visits to the gym.

Cheers,

Mike

Bump.

Can anyone tell me If mounting when I mount a SAW pouch on the front, and I don't use the integrated interior M16 mag pouches the SAW pouches will flap around? (I don't really kow how to describe this)

Cheers,

Mike

I've never seen a satch in person, but I highly doubt it would flap around. If your not using the internal pouches get a Woostach ;)

Ahh, but for scenarios with my M4, I would need these pouches. :)

I wan't this to be a trully modular vest.

SAW configuration in the morning with:

4pitsol mags on bib

2 200rnd SAW pouches

GeneralPurpouse pouch

Medic pouch

M4 in the afternoon:

4pistol mags on bib

8M4 mags in internal pockets

Medic pouch

External M4 pouches

GP pouch.

Cheers,

Mike

I got my weesatch a few weeks ago, to get the saw pouches to not flap around you would have to have no mags in the internal pouches and have the waist strap really tight, then you should have no problem. Also haveing some replica/real SAPI plates would only help to stablilizing the pouches.

Just Pop off the saw pouches add your M4 pouches, loosen the waist strap, and you're good to go for the afternoon. :D

• 1 month later...

or you can have m4 mags in the internal pouches when wearing the SAW pouche, that would do the fine to.

my weesatch setup will be.

4pistol mags on bib

8M4 mags in internal pockets

Medic pouch

External M4 pouches

camelback pouch.

when i am done next pay day;)

• 2 weeks later...

I run a Weesatch with 2 TT saw pouches on the front. The front doesn't droop. But if your worried about it you can "seal" the mag wells with the enclosed velcro straps. The only things I would recommend adding would be the shoulder pads and the enhanced shoulder straps that use velcro. Otherwise the front of the rig seems to pull away from the back and the original straps leaves alot of leftover material that hangs down the back. You can get the enhanced straps at SKDTac. All in all it's a pretty sweet rig. Feels pretty indestructible.

Archived