Problem with CLMWRX

jwbehm

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So why did Clmwrx say (apparently) that it did have tabs? :mellow:

That is why I am giving him a hard time about this. He clearly told me that there were tabs, both front and rear on the gun.

I don't know why some of you are saying that I put words in his mouth, you have no idea what he said to me or what I said to him during the conversation, and you have no right saying that I put words in his mouth.

Right now I will leave the metal body alone. Although, if the M15 Brucken owns has the same trades as the gun you sold me, that will tell me that you did take the tabs off somehow. Why do you say that his is very old compared to yours? His is serial number 215 and yours is in the 1000's... They made at least (probably more) than 1000 in the first 2 versions.

I will be awaiting the screw for the lowcap, the knob on the carry handle, a new CA Retractable stock, and a new spring so the gun will shoot 360 fps, I prefer a PDI.

EDIT:

And the gun is at Airsoft Atlanta right now getting the internals checked on. They expect to be done with the gun early next week.

Well, I just thought I'd add in an idea, most human communication errors are semantic in nature.

By tabs, most people who understand the build of an M16 body will tell you that the tabs are at the rear of the receiver which allow a receiver pin to run through them to secure the upper to a lower. However, in Airsoft metal bodies, these aren't required. It's understandable that clmwrx didn't know this and mistook the other securing tab at the rear of the metal body as the tabs you were referring to. His model is clearly a newer version as the older version had the standard receiver tabs at the bottom rear of the upper receiver, but not at the very rear of the receiver under the charging handle. The pictures show that clmwrx's receiver has the newer version tab. The metal body should really be a non-issue as it doesn't function for anything, hence why newer M15s do not require them.

Everything else however, should be amended by clmwrx.

well yours is extremely old!

What trademarks does it have, and does it have pins?

No no no, im not saying that yours had tabs, as my friend has a m15 without tabs as well.

Mine has the armalite trades, and do you mean the pins at the rear? If so, nope.

Its just that I am wondering why I have them, if only the prototypes had them. :mellow:

CA M15A4 Carbine Armalite trades and serial number 001658 - this is a production gun with a 2 piece plastic hop up unit and has rear receiver tabs that the rear receiver pin goes thru

NO horizontal pins embeded in the rear of the upper receiver and NO holes for them in the lower

You can strip this one like an Marui ie just remove rear receiver pin and pivot the upper on the front receiver pin.

The tabs on these are a looped spring metal plate - not the two mouldings shown in the picture earlier in the thread (that look like filed down shiny bare metal)

The tabs take up the vertical movement of the upper off the lower preventing the upper being lifted off the lower while the rear receiver pin is in place, whereas those mouldings just barely locate on the lower receiver (and take up a little of the side play that would be left if the rear location relied on the thin spring metal tab ring and receiver pin alone)

On the carbines this use of tabs seems to have stopped pretty early on in production of the M15A4 carbines Later variants of the M15A4 from CA wont have that layout on any of them even the first ones off the line, as CA stopped doing it after the early carbines.

CA M15A4 Carbine serial number 012406 - 1 piece silver metal hop up unit with black dial - Horizontal Pins and NO tabs

This is the type most CA M15A4 owners will be familiar with To strip it you remove the front receiver pin and slide the upper receiver forwards (the rear receiver pin is used just to locate the gearbox)

The one in the picture posted near start of the thread has the pins therefore it never had the metal tab ring.

The reason for the shiny metal patches that are being confused with filed down tabs? You slide that sort of top and bottom receiver apart to strip it and thats a contact point hence the bright metal where the finish has worn

That said, tabs versus pins aside Id still want a refund on this M15A4 if its not as described.

eg If it turns out the internals arent upgraded then surely its a no brainer - buyer covers cost of return shipping and insurance and when it arrives safely back where it started, you refund your buyer and you take up the issue with the upgrader that ripped you off and led you into misdescribing a gun.

The original upgrade rip off may well have caused an accidental misdescription but it would be a misdescription none the less.

I can see how it would be an easy mistake to make - the mouldings that get shiny arent that well defined (they look for all the world like broken off tabs that have snapped off almost right in line with bottom of the upper receiver).

Its only when you try and imagine them extending into long tabs with a hole in them that you realise they'd be too thin n brittle a bit of alloy casting to last more than an hour or two of normal use of the gun if that had been their job :)

UPDATE

G36c double feeding issue is gone, .25 BB's and alot of silicone fixed that.

BUT, he claimed it had a promethius inner barrel, which is silver. When the tech at my field (Daniel at www.TeamAirsoft.com) tryed to fix the hopup, he verified that the barrel is not a promethius inner barrel, because it is gold.

I am not sure if it is a Systema Tightbore, or a stock barrel, but it DEFINATELY isnt Promethius.

EDIT

Still not positive on the barrel (I am going to have my field tech have a closer look.)

Okay, the barrel is silver on the outside, but gold on the front. Could anyone clarify what kind of barrel this is?

Well, you arent going to be happy about this. Airsoft Atlanta still hadn't gotten around to looking at the gun so I got it back from them and brought it to Daniel the field gun tech and owner of American Airsoft. He cracked open the gearbox and IT WAS NOT UPGRADED. The only part that he knew was upgraded was the piston and it wasn't even a Systema one!

As you would guess I am extremely mad. I would like what I paid for, so you can either send me a Systema Full Tune Up kit or money for one ($180 + Tax) and the $50 my gun tech charges to install parts.

Yes, but I can not shim the gun. Both airsoft atlanta and american airsoft charge $50 to do anything to the gearbox.

So yes, you do need to pay me for the installation. It is your fault that the parts are not in there which means it is your responsibility to have a professional put them in.

Who did do the upgrades on the M15?

A friend who is a great upgrader.

What parts are in it?

If it got the correct upgrades then it should have all systema parts except the motor.

Like a FTK.

Just throwing that out there.

Anyone have any idea what kind of inner barrel has a silver outside, but the tip is gold?

Archived