I did a quick search along the lines of FPS limits & international FPS limits but they get mentioned quite often so it's diificult to be sure. Is there a database giving FPS limits other than the UK as it is against the rules to generally discuss anything over the 1J level here?

I think it may make an interesting discussion point as well as a useful item for reference purposes. I know there are one or two members who have played in the US for example & I'd like more info about using airsofts abroad. Possibly in a dedicated section for non-UK limits to minimise abuse.

In particular I'd like to be sure what the legal position is about owning a higher powered AEG purely for use outside the UK (the way the VCRB is going I'm tempted to set up an offshore site anyone got an island for sale? :P ). I imagine such a gun would be classed as an airgun and at most could be used in this country for target shooting only.

Regards, TWK.

and there is no limit in US, u can go to 1000FPS if you want to, but it's not possible yet.

and there is no FPS limit in most of place, (i.e. China, even airsoft is illeagal, but government in China doesn't care as long as they don't see it, and the local law enforcement won't bother to look for those dealer due to airsoft dealer is really hard to find, the only way to find a airsoft dealer is know someone in the business,I know this cuz I am from there)

Taiwai and Hong Kong are different story from China(even HK is part of China now, and most Chinese consider Taiwai is part of China), I believe Hong Kong and Taiwai are M130.

I am not sure about Japan, either is M130 and below, or there is no limit.

In Germany, I believe every airsoft go beyond 350FPS might be lock on semi-auto only.

hope it helps

Its not going to happen, the .co.uk means that we have to abide by British law. The current limit of 328fps with a 0.2g BB is here to stay

Excuse me? I'm not suggesting anything that breaks UK legislation. There is the possibility that due to the VCRB more players may want to skirmish abroad.

Look at what has happened with fox hunting, now hunting with hounds has been banned in this country quite a few Brits now travel to Europe to continue in their chosen sport.

It's our duty to keep ourselves informed about what's going on in the airsoft world & part of that is to know how that relates to activity outside the UK. Arnie's is used as a forum by people in many countries and with a wide range of interests apart from skirmishing.

I for one live in SE England so going to France, Belgium or Spain isn't much different to travelling to an event in North Wales. I believe feed back & support between players in different areas is a positive thing for the sport.

Just an attempt clarify a few things, as I know this confused me when I actively got started in the sport a year or so ago:

The legal limit for the UK is not 328fps. Rather this is a limit many sites in the UK have committed to, following discussions a while ago with the Home Office on what would be acceptable.

The legal limit, if i recall is 1.35j. This is the point where a bb was judged to cause trauma on impact.

328fps translates to 1j with a 0.2g bb. Many UK sites follow this as anything above 1j has been judged to be somewhat of a grey area legally.1j is not the legal boundary, but there is little as far as I am aware presently covering the grey area between 1j - 1.35j. I believe most sites that have something to do with the UKAGB usually have 328fps limits due the nature of the particular insurance deals they had hammered out, but this could be me being senile and misinterpreting things in my old age...

At the end of the day, the limit for the site is the responsibility of the site owners, who base this upon safety - at the very least because they need insurance, and hopefully because no-one wants to see their players getting bbs embedded in their faces. For this reason there are quite a lot of sites in the UK which do not even have a 328fps limit (usually CQB sites), but also for this reason several woodland sites have limits exceeding 328fps.

Finally - the limit for this forum is based not upon the legal definition of acceptable velocity / mass, but upon the decision of Arnie. For those who seem to have forgotten, that's the chap who spends a fair amount of his time running and maintaining this site for free. At the end of the day, Arnie has decided upon this limit for discussion, and so this is the limit which we agree to follow, as made explicit in the rules when signing up.

By signing up to the forum we all agree to follow forum rules. There are plenty of other airsofting community resources where individuals can discuss airsoft above legal limits, even on this very site in the shape of PMs between users, and on the chatroom, which is an unofficial IRC channel for all Arnies Users. I recommend if you want to discuss using airsoft replicas above the 328fps output, that you go to one of these other places. In other words, there's a place for discussion exceeding 328fps, but until the people who run this community say otherwise, it sure ain't here. ;)

Edited by Marlowe
Excuse me? I'm not suggesting anything that breaks UK legislation. There is the possibility that due to the VCRB more players may want to skirmish abroad.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear in my post. My reply was in refernece to

Possibly in a dedicated section for non-UK limits to minimise abuse.

Cheers Chris P.

In hindsight I think a non-UK section would probably get used by the Numpty fraternity to give advice on up grades that exceed 1.35J and try to pass it off with a nod & a wink.

I would however like to see a database of non-UK limits or current best practice used at events & sites in the less well publicized countries. I'm searching around on & off & see what i can dig up.

TWK.