1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So new update, with new pics up soon:

-The Shooters Design barrel and chamber work fine in the TM 1911. Some minor fitting required, but not unexpected. Also the gun will need some break in time, as the metal of the slide and the steel barrel unit have different tollerences, so it's gonna take a while for both parts to kind of work their way into a nice state of being.

-Guarder firing chamber, works perfect in the TM 1911. So the internals are all 1:1 with the hicapa. That said, don't be surprised to see guarder trying to jack us on "1911 specific" parts.

-To make the government barrel work you'll need to take out the thin little plastic guide that sits in the barrel bushing. If you don't take it out the barrel won't fit, but if you do it's like butter.

I'll have pics up soon, just need my steel rear sight.

Damn you Titleist,

You got the last chamber and barrel...... WGC has my order on complete hold while they source some from the manufactures! But I'm skirmishing it today and on the way back i might drop in to Kanagawa Prefectures largest and cheapest Airsoft shop and grab what I need from there and cancel the order at WGC.

Also another note if you have the PGC M1911-A1 Kit and decided to put real wooden grips on it like i have the whole gun weighs in the same as the standard TM 1911A1 with the weights in the grip.

I'm currently working on making some custom weights using either white metal or brass/copper to get the gun on par with the real steal weight wise, as well as keeping the wooden grips.

The steel barrel helps with the weight a lot. Again I'd say the barrel is NEARLY drop in, right now the gun binds just a little as I'm sure the steel parts are kicking the ###### out of the aluminum ones. Again the gun will start to break in soon, this is how it was with my steel barrel in my 226 as well.

And sorry FarEast, I thought your stuff was on order before mine?

As always, awesome photography Titleist.

The real simonich/strider grips look so much less orange (and so much nicer) than the replicas. Lol, I'm probably gonna be joining the gunner grip revolution too, when I get my next 1911.

Edited by Lithium Jack

Thanks guys. The grips are indeed less orange, they're almost like a mix between khaki and coyote brown,. Their tone varries depending on where your hands are rubbing on the grips. I should mention that the grips are nasty to your hands, like if you choke up too hard your hands will hurt, these are meant primarily for gloved hands.

I should mention that the grips are nasty to your hands, like if you choke up too hard your hands will hurt, these are meant primarily for gloved hands.

lol really? oh well, they are to nice not to own, i wear gloves anytime i shoot, even in real life. (except at the pistol ranges) But when i play airsoft i wear gloves.

Compared to the real gunner grips, yes. Always go real when possible.

Says the man with the real 552, TA01NSN, and real TA31. :P Nah we all love you Titleist. :) Ooops, forgot to say that is a nice 1911 you have there, I always wondered what look you were going for with those grips.

hmmm, im contemplating a new project for when the duelies are finished, and i was thinking of a SIG GSR, maybe with black gunner grips, silver trigger, silver thing on the slide, then the rest black, with extended controls, does anyone else think that the black gunners may not look right on it?? any input would be appreciated :D

Says the man with the real 552, TA01NSN, and real TA31.  :P  Nah we all love you Titleist.  :)  Ooops, forgot to say that is a nice 1911 you have there, I always wondered what look you were going for with those grips.

Thanks man, yeah I know, I'm a bad example of "get the real deal, says the man with all the expensive *beep*"

Glad you dig the gun.