1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assummed it was common knowledge. They raided Saddam's sons' hideout back in July 2003.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/22/...sons/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_Force_121

Edit: To bring this back on topic, my upgraded MEU-SOC Early.

meusoc3.jpg

Edited by skyler8158

SCW vs Magna 1911 Blowback comparison

A little comparison vid between Magna and SCW

Just remember it's tough to supress the urge to embelish the actual blowback, but I was concentrating on the camera for the most part so my grip was not particularly solid, especially when firing the guns in profile :P

cheers, hbc.

edit - lol @ the target at the end, I guess I'll do another in the future comparing accuracy, since most of the time I was just shooting in the general direction of the target and trying to keep the gun in shot :)

Edited by hardboiledcop

Evilhippy: I was thinking about getting that $400 delta, but then I realized I would have been paying $200 for a metal slide, some springs, and a hiflow valve.

Skyler:

Meu sights on a Kimber slide??? Did you epoxy them on or something?

Kaneda:

I thought Magnas were supposed to blow harder than the SCW?

nope, not at all, theres no question in my eyes that the SCW system is a huge leap forward, in blowback especially.

The magna appears better, but it is about twice as slow in getting the slide back, hence you see more of a recoil.

Certainly doesnt give the same feeling of power that my raptor does, it gives one distinct crack, compared to a chi-chak that the magna gives, if that makes any sense/

also, the magna is a bit finicky about taking newer mags.

edit - the only thing that seems to be stopping the magna being an equal is obviously the gas system, perhaps with some hi-flow valves and tinkering by a professional it could equal SCW, but since it uses quite a lot of gas as it is, im not sure thatd be too clever.

Edited by hardboiledcop

I have always considered the SCW systems (SCW2 in particular) to be the pinnacle of WA blowback. But today whilst pissing about with my silly silver Springfield that is being a bit temperamental, I put the slide off of a WA CDP on the Springfield, pulled the trigger and BLAM, the loudest report ever from a GBB I ever heard and some crazy recoil. I thought I had broken it, but pulled the trigger a few more times, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, each shot as loud and as powerful as the last. It was mental, i'll try and get a video up of it. This is probably just a freak occurrence, so SCW2 is still the king though.

What's the excitement about reducing the cycle time? I really never get this and it comes up all the time.

It takes my upgraded Wilson Combat HiCap 0.067 seconds from pulling the trigger to the slide being back in battery. Before I upgraded it, it took 0.097 seconds - Thats 3/100ths of a second I saved - You can't determine that difference in any way when you shoot it.

I've fired lots of Magna, SCW 1 & 2 (only 1 3) WAs, 1911s, Paras and SVIs and I don't believe there's any discernable difference between the systems (There may be a measurable one, but I can't detect it if I swap between the guns in a session).

There is NO WAY an SCW2 cycles TWICE as fast as a Magna, sorry, but that's just not happening on a healthy pair of guns (I'll eat my SVI Hybrid if you can convince me otherwise :D)

I seem to be alone in liking a long, lazy kick (I love KSC Mk23s for this, but mine cycles in 0.11 seconds, which is hardly cripplingly slow, a stock TM SIG P226 takes 0.08 seconds, a TM Desert Eagle 0.09), but the differences are tiny, tiny, tiny and not as big as people often (over)state.

Give me a 'slow' cycle with a big kick, ANY DAY!

Cheers.

Edited by snowman
You can't determine that difference in any way when you shoot it.

Me too, but how do you measure those cycle time>?

I have to agree as well that my Para HRT parkerized (first version) felt stronger during blowback (stock) compared to my old WA (assuming its magna, stock). But i still can't differentiate the cycle visually.

Imho, it"s useless to compare cycle time with different makes of metal slides, springs,...

Thats true, however..

1. I was never comparing cycling times

2. neither gun has any upgrades apart from springs/cosmetic

The Magna came with a very strong recoil spring, which I actually had to swap with the Raptor's spring (a bit stronger than stock) for it to cycle fully.

Since the Raptor now cycles even better than before, and the Springfield cycles perfectly, I am stating mho that the SCW system is better.

The Springfield is working correctly, since it still fires pretty hot on green, the only difference is the blowback, hence my comparison. I will most likely try to find a spring which is a happy medium, since the current spring is not as tough as I'd like.

I'm uploading another video to show it better, and Snowman, if after upgrading a gun you were able to lower the cycling time by one third, in what way is it impossible for that to be bettered? I have owned a non-SCW para 14.45, and when I owned that I noticed a big difference in blowback between it and my Infinity Experts.

I prefer recoil to be sharp and snappy, since it feels to me more like a real gun should feel, I like that it makes one defined 'crack', and I know the difference that can be had because with the original spring in the raptor (was too short) and 134a the gun made two defined noises while cycling, now it has more report, and in a room with the right accoustics it sounds amazing.

cheers, hbc.

Edited by hardboiledcop

This seems like the best place to ask, so I will post my question here.

I want to build a .45 auto that's either a single stacker or a double. It doesn't really matter to me as I find the single stacker quite elegant but the double stacker a little cooler.

Here's the problem: I need the gun so that it can eventually be full metal, lower frame included. I also truly desire trademarks. This brings me to either the marui 1911 with metal kit or some of the wa's with metal kit. Which one would ya'll suggest?

Get a TM Hi-capa, and install a metal slide -- you got yourself a full metal. Infact get yourself any of the SVI/STI style 1911 (or 2011 like some prefer to call it) gun, it comes with a metal lower receiver, so all you need is a metal slide.

Or you can always buy a full metal WE 1911 and hicapa.

Get a TM Hi-capa, and install a metal slide -- you got yourself a full metal. Infact get yourself any of the SVI/STI style 1911 (or 2011 like some prefer to call it) gun, it comes with a metal lower receiver, so all you need is a metal slide.

Or you can always buy a full metal WE 1911 and hicapa.

For some reason, I can't stand the marui hi-capa and I want trades. :P