1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fellow 1911 fan's, I need a bit of advice. Does anyone make a CNC'd from billet ally frame for a 1911, not cast then CNC'd. It needs to be ally welded for what I have in mind. A high quality blank slide would also come in handy, come to think of it the frame needs to be blank as well.

Ta for that. Its not needed though is it? Just my Prime MEU does'nt have it installed and still works fine. Would it be advisable to install it or just leave it off as all is well?

Well my Prime MEU has it installed. There should be no reason not to have installed, unless you plan on removing the blowback chamber from the slide at some point in the future, as it's pretty difficult to pop out the chamber over the clip. You may aswell install it IMO. I have a Shooters Design slide which has a loose blowback chamber and it works fine, so you can carry on using without the clip if you really want and it doesn't bother you.

yeah, I'd like to know too, perhaps it is essential to compacts.

Neither the Kimber nor the Springfield which I took apart had any parts holding the blowback mech in. cheers.

The copper clip is only present in Prime kits to my knowledge.

Hey fellow 1911 fan's, I need a bit of advice. Does anyone make a CNC'd from billet ally frame for a 1911, not cast then CNC'd. It needs to be ally welded for what I have in mind. A high quality blank slide would also come in handy, come to think of it the frame needs to be blank as well.

I would have thought all the top manufacturers like PGC, Prime and Shooters Design would be completely milled. For blank slides and frames you may get lucky with a Sheriff one if you can find one. I think there are others but only in Japan. Guarder have their blank TM 1911 kit, but its most likely cast.

Your not thinking of doing something like this are you ?

I went to an engravers just last week trying to guage the cost.

1911rightjy3.jpg

not before me you don't ;)

Mathub, you've got the GSR and Wilson Professional Silver with metal kits right?

Are they as nice as they look in pictures? how do they shoot?

cheers.

edit - actually while I'm here, can you tell me how the V10 performs? I'd assume similar to the Defender, snappy recoil and fps around 240 on 134a..

can you give me a little rundown ?

there's a +1 in it for all your hard work ;)

Edited by hardboiledcop

Well, I don't have a wilson pro in metal.

My gsr runs nice and performs like any scw2.

The V10 has a good recoil but lacks some range and fps due to small barrel.

Hitman, how is your prime front sight ? Like any other 1911 front sigth, or does it screw onto the slide ?

Edited by Mathub

Mathub, for the V10? I don't appear to have a front sight :( ######. I didn't even notice until you just brought it up. Boom Arms picture it with one, but WGC doesn't. I just sent Boom Arms an e-mail and ask for a replacement. Although after looking at the front sight on the Boom Arms kit, its a dovetailed one, whereas the hole in the slide is for a stake on one. Oh well, maybe you just use the one from the donor gun?

Edited by hitmanNo2

Hmm ta for the advice hitman. I think i may keep it out of the slide for now as i occasionally have to tighten my sights though when i replace them next year i may use the tab then.

Going along the lines of someone a few posts ago will the GSR SCW v3 fit into the prime frame??

Hardboiledcop-the GSRs are very nice, i hate two tone guns (due to glocks) and could'nt stop myself from buying it with the intention of adding a flashlight to it.

Does somebody of you guys know whether the TM M1911 A1's (in standard/stock condition) have the same dimensions (length/width/height) as the original real steel M1911 A1's?

because I couldn't find the width and height of the TM standard M1911 A1.

thanks in advance,

greets rick