1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the real steel grips? I might, it depends really. I have so many christmas gifts I still need to get. One for cousin, my GF, etc. so I may end up having to wait. But I'll definetly get em one way or another :)

thanks for the compliments silentscope, you've done some fantastic photos yourself so I feel good hearing that from you.

Edited by trfo2o

Some more piccies of the Prime steel equiped MARSOC in natural light this time, I'm no David Bailey but they don't look too bad.

MARSOC1.jpg

MARSOC2.jpg

MARSOC3.jpg

MARSOC4.jpg

Had a bit of a faff with it yesterday as well to imporove the recoil and slide action.

Fitted a new hammer spring, that made a slight improvement, fitted a slightly weaker but still upgraded recoil spring and that made quite a large difference, you now feel the snap as the slide goes back. Before the newer recoil spring was fitted it was almost like the one before was cushioning the recoil somewhat.

Then I noticed the slide was chewing the hammer up and had caused some large grooves that were making the slide stick so i set about rounding off the back of the slide that the hammer is pushed back by just like my other slides are and then filed the hammer back to flat and had airwoflie polish it to a mirror finish :) MUCH smoother action and back to the nice crisp hard kick you'd expect from a metal kitted WA B)

I can still get a whole clip off at rapid fire but it does work better if you pause for a few seconds every 5 shots or so. I suspect it'll work much better in the summer months but overall I'm well chuffed with it :D

Ok, so I'm in the throws of buying a Kimber Swat-II scw3 (since it's cheaper and I've heard some very good things about the new system) but I do want to upgrade it to full metal and I've so far not spotted any sort of Kimber kit for SCW3.

Is it possible to fit an SCW2 kit to an scw3 gun? if so, is it particularly difficult? anyone had any experience doing it?

cheers.

edit - Sao, I'd love to see a video of her in operation if you have the ability.. I'd like to see how it shoots too.. One thing, does it sound metallic in operation (because that is the only drawback I've found with metal WA's unlike my Glock 19 they dont make the lovely cha-chink noise you expect from a metal gun..

Edited by hardboiledcop

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to video it in action, it sure does have a metallic sound to it! really quite loud. Two or three big heavy bit's o'steel smacking against each other makes quite a noise :D

Well if you consider cutting it off or swapping out the whole mainspring housing for one with no lanyard loop, removeable, then yes.

Oh well..

Since my Raptor is built from a Marsoc (or is it meusoc? nonetheless it has the same grip safety and controls etc, which I prefer to the flat style of the regular TLE/Swat II) I wanted to build the LAPD swat II off the same gun..

Also, its the only nice scw2 available at GnG..

Thanks nonetheless, I would probably just cut it off or exchange the mainspring housing with another WA owner wanting a lanyard.

Sao, ah well, The pictures will have to do, since I'll never have the cash for a steel kit :P

cheers

I haven't actually. I'll try tonight with the 10 rounder, it's probably twice as big as the V10.

I think the V10 will provide a worthy challenge and keep you occupied for a bit. Then i'll be able to ask you how to fix all the problems I have with mine heh heh. One thing I would be very interested to know is whether your blowback chamber fits with copper clip thing installed. As it seems that was causing a lot of my friction problems, as it wouldn't allow the blowback chamber to sit properly in the slide. With it removed, it's way better.

OK, i'll try with the 7 rounders. But I have a feeling that some mods are needed to the notch on the compact mag to work in a fullsize cutdown frame. So I imagine it's the same for standard mags in a compact.

Well, when I put the copper clip in, it just wouldn't clip over the edge of the blowback chamber. I took it out, made sure there was nothing in the way and tried again. It wouildn't go in. I tried again without the clip and it went in fine and stayed secure. So again, it would be interesting to see if you have the same problem.