SD steel chamber $50

CP steel hammber & sear $60

KA 150% springs $15

Strider Gunner Grips, in Ranger Green $50

2x magazines, Guarder rubber $70

Total: $828 w/o international shipping

Paid: $240 shipped

Best airsoft purchase I've ever made.

Sorry about the non-dramatic picture, don't have my regular digicam with me.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but expect a lot of sanding on the pins. If you don't do it correctly, don't expect the slide to lock after the last shot. I did it with elsermana's spare (the original marsoc one broke) and I had to decrease the diameter of the pin by about .2mm before it would function. Another thing you can do is make your mag a 7 rounder, which makes slide lock much more reliable.

Does anyone here in the U.S. have a spare full lengthed recoil rod? I'd like to either buy one or swap something for one....

Dude,

Infinity (SVI) STI, paraordnance styled guns are all considered 1911. 2011 is a patented name STI use for their frame. Not even Infinity(SVI) are technically allowed to be called a 2011.

All functions/safeties of the gun are the same as the 1911.  To me it is a 1911.

Chris Schirmer

STI Customer Service

Quality Control

114 Halmar Cove

Georgetown, Tx. 78628

Ph: 512-819-0656

Fax: 512-819-0465

Email: Chris@stiguns.com

Technically, and we all know how we all love technicalities, STI use the moniker `2011` as a brand name, which means it is specific to their guns alone, as no other manufacturer can use STI's brand name on their own products.

Reebok can't make `Reebok AirMax 360s` because they'd be half-inching Nike's brand identity for their own product, copyright infringement/cheeky bloody theft etc etc.

So I guess the Infinities, P.14s etc. are 1911 variants, and only STI's line can technically be called 2011s. Handy damn name for the chunkier profile, usually-railed frame 1911s though so its a lot easier if we all stick to what we thought we once knew, and call them all (erroneously) 2011s :)

Anally retentive technicalities really bring out the geeky side of you don't they? :D:lol:

I'm getting myself another TM1911 soon lol, wished i'd never traded it.

Hopefully will be doing the follwing upgrades

- Guarder Springfield metal kit

- Egghole black hammer

- Nineball SAS type outer barrel

- Nineball magazine valve

- Nineball reciold guide and spring

- G&G SS-80 silencer

- Tanio Koba twist inner barrel

- Gunner grips in black

This will then replace my MARSOC as a sidearm.

So your average Infinity will fit in a 1911 holster? I think not.  The guy from STI might consider them to be the same, but that doesn't mean they are.

Well in that case guns and ammo magazine would be incorrect to feature a "2011" STI in their "The complete book of 1911" edition??

gunsammo1bc6.jpg

gunsammo2kf9.jpg

gunsammo3kp3.jpg

It doesn't matter to me what anyone wants to call it, but there are just too many misleading information here lately. Stating opinions as facts bugs me. ;)

Well in that case guns and ammo magazine would be incorrect to feature a "2011" STI in their "The complete book of 1911" edition??

It doesn't matter to me what anyone wants to call it, but there are just too many misleading information here lately. Stating opinions as facts bugs me.  ;)

Didn't state an opinion as fact--but I did state the fact that a 2011/STI style gun would deffinetely be more suitable in the 2011 thread, and you really can't argue with that. Why even have two threads if we aren't going to make the distinction?

But yeah, 2.2j's in negative temperatures!?! What's that all about Cadbury, that sounds incredible.

Steve