1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the major diff between the pgc and the guarder metal kits

You can actually find the Guarder Kit in stock.

Other than that, my understanding is that the PGC kit takes more filing down and is harder to install, but is of a much blacker and realistic color and thus more popular. And I think the process and the finish is a little better too (if you look closely at some pictures of the kit, the metal looks a little cloudy).

Can't comment on the Creation kits.

So the guarder kits fit better than the pgc ones huh? but the pgc looks better eh? damn these decisions...

btw, the creation kit on airsoft global costs $239 a clean $100 more than the guarder or the pgc (i dont know why) but people tell me it fits like a charm and is much better quality than the pgc or guarder?

btw, the guarder ones r a bit rough right? are the pgc's smoother?

So the guarder kits fit better than the pgc ones huh? but the pgc looks better eh? damn these decisions...

btw, the creation kit on airsoft global costs $239 a clean $100 more than the guarder or the pgc (i dont know why) but people tell me it fits like a charm and is much better quality than the pgc or guarder?

btw, the guarder ones r a bit rough right? are the pgc's smoother?

Neither fit well, both require filing, but I think the Guarder is easier to install. If you've never installed/watched someone install a kit, PGC might not be a great choice.

What do you mean by rough? Like a rough body or rough cycling? I think the PGC is smoother, yeah.

edit

As for the Creation price difference, you have to take into account that it comes with a metal Outer Barrel as well.

Edited by res0290

I've installed a guarder kit on my 1911. It took about 45 mins, with most of the time making predetermined modifications. These are shown on the WGC site. A small amount of slide action filing is required to make it smooth. The quality/finish is excellent and highly comparible to Prime kits for other guns which price upto 300-400.

res0290

The PGC sets are extremely easy to install and rather the guarder sets seem to need a bit more massaging.

The PGC set only needed the Leaf spring to be trimmed for width. Also the guarder sets are cast and the PGC sets are CNC.

That's good news, I was afraid it'd be too difficult to install. I've only seen a kit installed on a WA and I've never done it myself.

Yea, I dont mind a little filing, but I installed a PGC (springfield armory) metal slide on my tm hi capa and that required a lotta filing for the sights, the rails etc.

I hope the PGC isn't a pain to install cause I rather like disassembling and fiddling around, but I also like puttin it back together and firing off rounds with that metal sound...oh yea.....

dj unforgetable-

I also like to tinker with things, The PGC Set took about 45 including I had never taken the gun apart until that day, so it was a learning process. After I had put it together, if takes about 15 minutes to take it apart and reassemble it nowadays.

@ dj unforgetable

If you've never taken apart a pistol frame before,

might help, at least you8 won't be totally unaware of springs that might shoot out. The guy is taking down a WA, but all pistols are very similar. This helped me alot when i disassembled a pistol for the 1st time.

uh oh, another non-picture post..

anyways, does anyone know if it's possible to fit a silencer to a 1911 compact with conical SV type barrel...

P360M referred me to poweredge, but from what I can see, the smallest threaded barrel they sell is for the 3.9" SV, and I think that is longer than the barrel I'd need..

for reference, the outer barrels on my guns are just under 2 inches long..

cheers.