1911 Picture Thread

Exactly. All im asking is that I have a full metal TM 1911, can the stock mag use green or I have to upgrade it to hi flow?

what Sledge is saying is that having a hi flow valve installed is nothing to do with whether your magazine can take green. there are 2 things.

the seals.

and the hammer spring.

if the seals leak, then you need to fix that issue, although they wont in the tm1911.

if you fire the gun and the blowback is sluggish or it vents gas, then your hammer spring is too weak to depress the valve, this can be solved by installing an uprated hammer spring.

hbc.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Not sure on that one. Drop AirsoftAlex of Titleist a PM, they both have full metal 1911's, they should be able to set you straight.

Also on a side note, I'm looking for a Kimber slide in silver, just a stock plastic one. If anyone has one or knows anyone then let me know.

Cheer all

doesnt necessarly mean higher fps, just stronger blowback, higher fps is mainly due to the inner barrel of the gun, the longer, or tigher, the higher the fps, high flows will give a stronger, faster blowback, and will decrease gas efficeincy, but i dont really use them, waste of money as far as im concerned

With all due respect, please refrain from posting the gas gun/1911 newbie questions here.

Why? i don't see anything wrong with that...

Anyone thinking of upgrading the valve can consider modifying your stock valve. Use a dremel and widen the opening.

Be carefull tho, make sure you don't damage it instead. I did it to my WA mag, it adds a tiny bit of improvement. I agree, its a waste of money to buy one.

Why? i don't see anything wrong with that...

what's wrong is that his question has been answered over the last 2 pages by those of us who know, yet he's still insisting on questioning, I dont mind this topic being used to discuss and ask questions, but when someone uses it as their own private information line, they'd be better off opening a topic in the newbie section.

thanks.

what's wrong is that his question has been answered over the last 2 pages by those of us who know, yet he's still insisting on questioning, I dont mind this topic being used to discuss and ask questions, but when someone uses it as their own private information line, they'd be better off opening a topic in the newbie section.

thanks.

Or in the technical discussion section. A lot of questions go unanswered in the Newbie section.

Very nice.  Where'd you order it from to get the tip painted like that?

lol

Some people like to keep their airsoft "legal"... then again... to be truly legal he should probably paint the front 1 inch of the slide blaze orange too. Just leaving the outer barrel painted orange (which is under the slide most of the time) is a little pointless. LEOs probably wouldn't be able to spot it until they're close enough to actually physically examine it themselves. lambolurker, are you going to leave it that way? Just wondering.

lol

Some people like to keep their airsoft "legal"... then again... to be truly legal he should probably paint the front 1 inch of the slide blaze orange too.  Just leaving the outer barrel painted orange (which is under the slide most of the time) is a little pointless.  LEOs probably wouldn't be able to spot it until they're close enough to actually physically examine it themselves. lambolurker, are you going to leave it that way? Just wondering.

Not this ###### again. Oh well. A cop will shoot you if you're waving a replica around, regardless of whether or not it has an orange tip and regardless of whether or not that orange tip is only on the barrel or includes the slide. Lastly, only in some states and localities is an orange tip required. Others don't, so there is no legal harm in removing it. In fact, USCBP has stated on their website that airsoft guns specifically do not need orange tips, just as paintball guns do not.

Very nice.  Where'd you order it from to get the tip painted like that?

The slide actually had a 1/2 inch orange paint, I just took it off before taking the pic. The orange part you see is just a plastic insert.

I only collect airsoft in addition to my real guns. Yes you can call my airsofts display queens :P

Do you know what internals will fit?

I understand the fixed hop unit should just be a straight swap...

I'm mostly interested in if you can stuff scw3 sears, firing pins and dis-connectors into SCW2 frames

dont rightly know, but i will have a looksy into it for you if you want, i hear they should be a straight swap, but i just really need that new hop unit, seeing as even on green my guns have a 10m range, i would love some of this 25m+ range, and accuracy would be useful too :P