1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this ###### again. Oh well. A cop will shoot you if you're waving a replica around, regardless of whether or not it has an orange tip and regardless of whether or not that orange tip is only on the barrel or includes the slide. Lastly, only in some states and localities is an orange tip required. Others don't, so there is no legal harm in removing it. In fact, USCBP has stated on their website that airsoft guns specifically do not need orange tips, just as paintball guns do not.

I was simply noting legality. In a State where a blaze orange tip is required, I was always under the impression that the entire 1/2" to 1" of the gun's muzzle must be painted orange... not just the outer barrel. I assumed that regardless of his particular location, the simple fact that he had orange on the outer barrel, may imply that that law applies for him. Hence, perhaps it did come with the slide also painted and he just chose to remove it from the slide but leave the barrel orange... which he stated he did do in a later post. As for waving it around, I 100% agree with you that chances are you'll get shot unless the entire gun is blaze orange, and even then there are never any guarantees. And if you re-read my original comment, I make no mention of whether or not the pistol is being waved around or is lying untouched on a table with no one around. Simply that a LEO probably couldn't tell the difference unless he was physically inspecting it himself. I'm not a complete imbecile... I don't go waving around a gun with the front 1" painted blaze orange and assume I'm legally justified to do so because of that technicality. <_<

Anyway, enough of that, back to the 1911s...

mate, that's enough of that. I couldn't give two *suitcases* about legalities in the USA, this is a picture thread, a 1911 picture thread. I don't mind talk, but talk that has nothing to do with 1911's specifically does not belong here ;)

--

Phoenix, I had a WA Beretta sans hopup for a good while, I was getting more than 10 metres range for sure.. are you using .20s? because you might find a huge range increase with .25s or even .30s..

i use .25's, im just saying that my hop unit is empty, except for an inner barrel, i removed it a while ago, and lost some of the parts lol, *beep* happens, and return in 5 minutes for my official "modern godfather assasin" look :P

EDIT:

DSC01585.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01590.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

quitest 1911 EVER

i know masking tapew over the extractor was a no no for realism, buy i fail to care :P

inspired by the revolver in the godfather, with the 'special tape' on it so there wouldnt be any finger prints

Edited by phoenix360mute

You dont need hi-flow for a full metal tm 1911 on green. You dont need a hi-flow for a stock tm 1911 on green. Stock tm 1911's take green out-the-box. Now, upgrading to a hi-flow does 2 things : greater blowback, greater fp2, but it also dimishes the number of shots from 1 mag. With a hi-flow, each round takes more gas so you get less number of shots from a full mag. Personally, on my stock tm 1911, when i fire rounds i see gas coming out the top, which is telling me a single shot takes more gas than required (to push the bb and rack the slide), so there wont be a need to upgrade once its full metal..

anyone with experience want to corroborate?

:D but now i need some seriouse help, how can i remove the slide from the frame, without moving the slide? i cant push it back at all due to the fact my spring has manged to come loose, and i can move the slide maybe 1cm before it stop dead, need some seriouse help here

If you're using an upgraded slide stop, you're screwed. If not use something to pry it out. WA stock parts are made from cheap pot metal, so it's not that hard.

If you're using an upgraded slide stop, you're screwed. If not use something to pry it out. WA stock parts are made from cheap pot metal, so it's not that hard.

so your saying the fact that i have a sheriff steel slide stop in at the moment is a bad thing :(

absolute *albartroth*, got myself an SCW3 kimber TLE, was hoping it to have a lovely fixed hop, but noooooooooo, peice of ######, which means i am to sell it, not going to bother parting it at all, can be bothered lol, was only in it for the hop, and i couldnt even get that :(

oh, and nice gun dave

absolute *albartroth*, got myself an SCW3 kimber TLE, was hoping it to have a lovely fixed hop, but noooooooooo, peice of ######, which means i am to sell it, not going to bother parting it at all, can be bothered lol, was only in it for the hop, and i couldnt even get that :(

oh, and nice gun dave

Bummer......... :headbutt: