1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to pop a 2 tone slide on a WA SCW3 Kimber SWAT custom. ive found two by SD, one for the TLE/RL II and the other for the MARSOC. which slide should i get, and does it matter? i read in a previous reply that the slides are not specific to either scw 2 or 3, is this true? thanks for the help ^^.

I'm looking to pop a 2 tone slide on a WA SCW3 Kimber SWAT custom.  ive found two by SD, one for the TLE/RL II and the other for the MARSOC.  which slide should i get, and does it matter?  i read in a previous reply that the slides are not specific to either scw 2 or 3, is this true?  thanks for the help ^^.

The top TLE/RL II has an SD slide on it. I have yet to try one on a SCW3, but so goes the rumour they should fit. I don't see why they wouldn't the changes I have heard about are all in the hop and the trigger mechanism. The real diference between the two is that TLE/RL II has an external extractor and the MARSOC does not. Other than that (and the writing on the right side of the slide) they are the same.

ic ic, thanx for the quick response hkssr20det!

one other question, since scw2 and sc3 are the same, basically any fullsize government pistol i get should fit either slide right?  or am i limited to WA's kimber line?

Thats true in terms of the blowback and barrels (not the bushing less ones like the SVs) but remember that diferent sightss have diferent cuts and dovetails. Make sure the new slide either comes with sights, or you have the correct ones, ie a slide cut for novaks or bomars, etc.

Not new but...

IMGP1367.jpg

"Hitman" and friends - my skirmish pistol case :) Normally there's an M3 tac light in there but it's packed up atm :/

1911 mags are under the foam. I been through all 4 mags in a game once and had to use the PPK (to good effect). The Derringer is still waiting for it's first proper kill but it has kinda killed Pablo Escobar (not the real Pablo :P would be a bit hard) - I was meant to be guarding him and I got bored because the enemy took forever to do anything and the guy wouldn't stfu :P I shot him a couple of times but it doesn't really count :D

i figured this would be the best place to ask, what aftermarket parts can i put on a KJW Para P14 .45? i know its a WA clone, but what can be swapped? Looking for a metal slide possibly.

Dentrinityshop sells the KJW metal slide and frame both as a set and also separately. If you go to the "Metal slide or frame for small arms" section, they are listed on page 7 - part MBS105 (lower frame), MBS106 (slide), MBS107 (pair together). It says "modification required" - no idea what would need to be done but if you ask Den, I'm sure they will tell you.

Hey guys,

Im about to purchase myself a WA LAPD SWAT Custom 2 from RW and was wondering is it worth the £117 once its been posted to here? I've looked at reviews and all they tell me is that noone knows if its an SCW1, 2, or 3. If it IS a SCW3 is that model ok? Or should I look for an SCW1 or 2 somewhere else?

Thanks a lot guys,

Chrissy

i figured this would be the best place to ask, what aftermarket parts can i put on a KJW Para P14 .45? i know its a WA clone, but what can be swapped? Looking for a metal slide possibly.

This has been covered in numerous threads, have a search about. But basically from what I can remember everything except the barrel chamber and mags are interchangable.

Everything can be swapped KJ/WA other than the following:

Chamber and outer barrel, inner barrel, hop unit, blowback piston, blowback chamber, sights, mags, thumb safety, grip safety (IIRC).

(Elaborational edit: the KJ piston is larger than the WA, therefore there is more room in the KJ blowback chamber, I don't know if the WA piston will fit in the KJ as I haven't tried but the other way around definately won't work).

Edited by Senor Bear

I'm looking into this as well, triggers should fit.

Does anyone know if RS grips would fit?

Danny, nice.

After a trip to homebase, I finally summoned up the courage to drill my novak sights so I could have them attached with something other than araldite.

Not a bad excuse to take more pictures of my dualies then... the stock finish is really really bad, but the trades are lovely.

DSCN0873Small.jpg

DSCN0862Small.jpg

DSCN0859Small.jpg