1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never look at low quality pictures; there's just no point, it has to be said.

For me they just waste precious nanoseconds in terms of extra page loading times :P

The problem is that not everyone has access to a decent camera but everyoe with access to a camera wants to share pictures of their babies. So:

Here's a suggestion:

Whatever picture-taking equipment you have, take pictures in daylight on an overcast day when the sun is shinng behind a wall of bright white cloud.

Wait for the overcast days - I do, so can you.

Take them outside, out of any overhead shade, so the full, white light hits the subject (the gun).

Look through the viewfinder/screen of your camera and move around the subject doing so, until the gun is lit well on all angles and surfaces, without any glares, and without any big dark areas.

Enjoy the fact that you are now taking better pictures than you have ever done before :D

Edit: The first person who says they can't wait for those overcast days because they never have time off work to get daylight pictures will receive an e-Smackupsidethehead from the guy who works 6 days a week and, between skirmishing all day and doing all the other silly *beep*, is damn busy on Sundays too (me) ;)

Edited by evilhippy

er um...

I also especially love it when kids jump in on a discussion just to occupy the opposite side of the argument... <_<

So I'm clear- this is perfectly acceptable for everybody that views or takes the time to contribute to this thread ?

1911a12mo7.jpg

(Sorry for the call-out dookieboy, its just such a good example)

And your saying this was taken with a camera phone eh? <_<

1-10.jpg

And phoenix360mute- well....uh..yeah, I guess so :( Looking back through your pics, they are all blurry, dark, too close or well...sorry I'll just stop.

My point it this- again, if those of us that display quality photos can do it, you can too. Be honest you guys look at Mathubs, HBCs, Evil's and others photos and think "Wow, I wish mine looked like that" I'm saying DO IT! It's not rocket science.

er um...

I also especially love it when kids jump in on a discussion just to occupy the opposite side of the argument... <_<

So I'm clear- this is perfectly acceptable for everybody that views or takes the time to contribute to this thread ?

And phoenix360mute- well....uh..yeah, I guess so  :(  Looking back through your pics, they are all blurry, dark, too close or well...sorry I'll just stop.

if the first bit of that is aimed at me, you had better prepare for war

and secondly

gallery_16094_951_216313.jpg

yes, i hate camera phones, but i can use them well, and ive got a new and improved one, so if you dont want to see more pictures like this, then tell me, and i wont take anymore, now stop *fruitcage* arguing

Thats a nice picture. The ones of stock TM 1911s taken deep inside the batcave are not :P

It is pointless taking pics of a stock gun when the lighting is frankly p**s-poor. There's a bit of common sense involved, basically; and folks getting gently ribbed for rather pointless pictures will learn what that is :)

And you need to stop being confrontational dude :P its only the intornhets lol rofl lmao ;)

:D

if the first bit of that is aimed at me, you had better prepare for war

..If the shoe..er uh holster fits... ;)

No- it wasn't aimed at you specifically- but lighten up Francis, jeez

You blokes could use some 'Anti-Defensiveness' spray or something.

Now that camera phone image is very nice- hats off, well done

But ya'll honestly seem more prepared to fight about the issue rather than simply admitting that we have a freaking point- that's what my comment was about :rolleyes:

The point is, many of us spend time, effort, and well yes, some money to contribute some quality photos up in here- And not because we are all "budding David Bailey's" (whoever that is), but because we want to show off our guns and give all the members something to nice to look at- So it is pretty much a slap in the face to not only have an image posted that is blurry, dark, too close, or whathaveyou here, but then to be told "STFU ya whiner"

Please don't tell me to stop arguing either- go about your business.

Slainte!

-G

*raises handbag*

Edit: damn. If kindly mods could just switch mine and Guinness' last comments around then this part of the threads will look a whole lot funnier, cheers ;):D

But yes, in all seriousness, it takes time and effort to get good pictures and they are rarely given much sign of appreciation, and those who get good pics are providing you all with original, quality content - and it's done entirely voluntarily.

More effort from everyone would increase the quality of this old internet malarkey a whole sh**load, don't you agree? I mean, I dont want to sound like a f**king hippy or anything, but....

Edited by evilhippy

Hoy!

I made some grips for my compact WE. It was some random pine or poplar I had, with a bit of random stain, and a shot of clear epoxy paint.

20070315wecompact191100is9.jpg

20070315wecompact191102vx8.jpg

And being a "not too good photographer" I apologize for the less than stellar pics out of my "pretty decent" digicam. But, I take most of my pics in the basement under the harsh glare of florescent lights. Maybe I'll try some outdoors in natural light sometime.

And here goes a mini review:

I got one of these:

we 1911 4.3

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=9672

and one of these:

we 1911 compact 3.9

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=9509

So, initial impressions are that the finish is nice, guns are heavy, action is smooth, and clickity clackity is satisfying.

Pretty loud and nice blowback action.

Both guns came with an extra mag. The 4.3 is a fullsize frame and mags (but the mags fit in the compact).

Loaded the 4.3 and the 3.9 with propane and TM .2g bb's.

4.3 Chrono'd High 288.1 low 211.2 avg 268 on 13 shots

3.9 chrono'd High 260.7 low 241.4 avg 249 on 11 shots

On a 15 foot range test for accuracy, I fired 10 shots from each gun.

Results:

20070315wechrono006my2.jpg

20070315wechrono005qn1.jpg

Here's a reminder of what the 4.3 looks like compared to the 3.9 (Had my v10 grips on the 3.9 at the time)

200703101911s001ix8.jpg

Also, maybe we need a "1911 owners, post your compatibility questions, where to buy questions and other assorted parts questions here" thread ;)

I definately agree with Guiness on the whole picture quality argument, I can see why people would want to use camera phone pictures if 1) its the only camera you have access to or 2) you have something particularly cool to show off real quick.

However, if you are someone who has just got another stock TM 1911 then the ONLY way you can show it off is by putting some effort into the pictures you post, I barely even look at the 'pics of my weapon' thread anymore because it's all night-time flash photos at perpendicular angles, I mean it doesn't take the brains of Britain to realise that things look better in natural light and it doesn't take long to come up with a composition which really shows off your new toy.

Having said that, I have no experience in still cameras short of disposables I've bought on holiday, but I believe that the effort really shows if you're willing to take one hundred pictures and choose the 5 which look good, instead of taking one picture and even though it's *beep*, posting it anyway.

*phew*

hbc.

Edited by hardboiledcop

<snip>

I mean it doesn't take the brains of Britain to realise that things look better in natural light and it doesn't take long to come up with a composition which really shows off your new toy.

Oh come on HBC, I took a few shots in artificial light before, and they came out pretty well...

Edited by r.ocelot
Does this mean your old Stealth slide is gonna be up for grabs? I still can't believe how you scratched it up by installing that front sight :-/

yeah lol, not quite my finest moment... <_<

but i keep remembering about this article in a local gunmagazine about storm mountain sniper school, where one of the instructors threw a very fine handbuild 1911 (can't remember make atm) in some gravel after a student refused to drop his sig mags during speedreloading practice, to prove a point that they are only tools.... so, it's not fubared during assembly, it's battlescares if anyone askes :P

and no, i shall not part with my beloved Wilson Compact :P, instead my crazy scheme of having one 1911 for every armalite will be finalized, as i ordered a WA Defender like 5 minutes ago to fit HBCs former Tommy Franks slide :wub::gun2:

oh, my, god, i cant believe how utter *beep* USPS is :(

ive been waiting near on 3 weeks for my meu late frame, and guess what, ITS STILL IN *fruitcage* NEW *fruitcage* YORK

SHIITTY *fruitcage* *beep* *fruitcage* WANK ###### *beep* EATING BALL LICKINGS SONS OF MOTHER *fruitcage* UNCLE BANGING BITCHES

Yes im apologise for the shiiiitty *albatross* pictures that make my TM M1911A1 look like ###### next to everyone elses pretty much. Well I wanted to show it off as it being my first Tm GBB so I thought the pics turned out better buck well since your replys I guess *suitcasey* than hell..But my old camera was a nice $350 dollar everything perfect camera but now I don't have a charger for the damned thing so I had to use this.

sorry guys,

-=dookieboy=-