1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hkssr, that turned out great.  The polished bushing really sets it off.

Steve

Thanks, it was supposed to have a silver hammer as well but for some reason my PDI hammer makes the gun shoot full auto. Anyone have an idea why? I would love to throw it back on, it looks great.

are you sure it isn't the full auto version?

I know there are Guarder hammers for WA's that are supposed to make the gun fire in full auto..

compare the PDI hammer to the stock one.. other than that it might be that you need a steel sear along with the new hammer..

Yeah, the two hammers do look different. I know it is not supposed to be a full auto hammer, but there are differences. I do have a carom shot sear in the sucker already. And i did swap parts out to isolate the problem as the trigger. I guess I need to find a new silver hammer...

Yeah, the two hammers do look different.  I know it is not supposed to be a full auto hammer, but there are differences.  I do have a carom shot sear in the sucker already.  And i did swap parts out to isolate the problem as the trigger.  I guess I need to find a new silver hammer...

well, the hammer should catch the sear.. there should be a lip on the front of the hammer.. if this is smaller than the one on your stock hammer then that's the problem..

well, the hammer should catch the sear.. there should be a lip on the front of the hammer.. if this is smaller than the one on your stock hammer then that's the problem..

Yeah the two have the half cock and full cock notches in different places. I sent a note to PDI to see what the hell. Thanks for the advice.

ok, had some time to take decent pictures over the past week, using>>

SHOCK HORROR...

... an analouge camera, thats the type that uses actual film for you youngens out there :P

i'll post a pic when i get that damn CD back, and nice sturgis, your getting better at photography

shame about the guns :P