1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

I post it in Technical Discussion forum already, but I think the best place to ask is here, so Ill post my question here:

I need to know which metal body kits available in the market will be suitable for my Kimber Warrior. I read something about SCW v2 metal kits will be suitable for v3, but Im not sure, and need more information about which metal kits will be suitable, because I can not find any SCW v3 metal kit for my Kimber... Id be very grateful if you could help me.

Thank you in advance! :D

I don't have a problem with stainless pistols and I don't have a problem with stainless pistols in combat. I just wonder why so many people have adjustible sights on their pistols. My father and uncle both have adjustible sights on their (real steel) 1911s and I don't understand why they use them, either.

Well, in that case, I can come up with a lot of reasons:

1)Too many people using kimber low-profiles/NOVAKS as a fashion statement

2)Instead of trying to compensate for windage/elevation by aiming your sights in a different direction, you can just adjust the sights. A tad better than fudging it.

3) Should you ever decide to go optics, it's easier to mount a cocking-handle in the bomar cut, as opposed to NOVAK/Kimber/Wilson.

:huh:

Why the adjustible sights?

I like Bomars and it's a match gun. Look up Kimber Team Match II for more detail.

I like having the option to adjust the sights rather than just my aim.

I like having a semi unique piece. After all, how many airsoft Kimbers have Bomars on them?

In summary, I like it.