1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An hybrid slide can be made quite easily. A little machining and that's it.

Only problem, the front sight dovetail would be larger than the hybrid barrel, and in fact visible on both sides.

Talking about that, hybrid barrels aren't made from one steel piece, at least SD one.

The top part with exhaust ports is soldered to the barrel.

That means, you can break the top part with the slide hitting it. It happened with my brother's hybrid hicapa.

Yeah I realise they can be quite easily made, but I have absolutely zilch in terms of machining or even simple tools.. I have a small file which I use for all my fitting, along with a.. screwdriver set.

:mellow:

Any rate, maybe some awesome kit will come out some time soon, this is supposed to be my project gun for next few months, maybe some awesome kit will come out between now and then..

--

In it's stock form I am very impressed with the FBI Trial, I haven't even tried green in it yet because just running on 134a it's a beast! really nice kick and power..

Wow, just...wow. Really regretting never getting a shorty .40 when I had the collection, would have rounded of the umpty-th piece S&W set very nicely.

Looks fantastic mate :)

Please, I need help... I need to know which metal kits would fit to my Kimber Warrior SCW v3... Only will fit those kits named "kimber", or any kit with "for SCW v2" would fit? For example, the PGC or PRIME kits for M.E.U SCW v2, or MARSOC would be OK for my Kimber Warrior?

I would like every body who has upgraded his Kimber Warrior with metal kits put the model they have installed, it would be great for newbies like me in upgrading his first WA.

Thank you very much to all in advance!!

Great looks... :P

where did you get tht? for how much??

Yeah, the CS40 is from boomarms.

Got it last year, boomarms was the only way to get one, as all kits were meant for japan.

I would have loved to get an all silver. I think 2 tone doesn't sell much in Japan, so it end in HK.

It's 660USD.

So if I get any kit suitable for 1911 series (kimber, colt, meu, marsoc, etc) it would fit without problems, always the length of the barrel is the same and SCW v2?

If so, THANK YOU!!!! What a relief! :D

Please, confirm me this information people, and at last I will be able to relax.