1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stated it's the same as the stock one, SD V10 slide will take wilson sights, svi expert (scw2) adjustable sight, and gsr novak sight.

Prime novaks have the "classic" dovetail cut, ie meant for SFA, PO,...

Well, maybe the prime lesbaer adjustable should fit.

A french guy put one on his expert 4.3 (same dovetail as wilson/v10)

Edited by Mathub

mathub are those kimber grips ruby/charcoal ones? got some more pictures of it? cant decided wich to order between those or the black/silver ones, but i cant seem to find decent pictures of them

Edited by sturgis

how bout some of those grips mathub? :)

because even the kimber site uses small *suitcasey* pictures... :(

and to keep the pictures going, i just went outside to take some pics while the sun was popping out from behind the clouds

IM000927sm.JPG

IM000933sm.JPG

concealed carry version :)

IM000938sm.JPG

IM000940sm.JPG

IM000946sm.JPG

My silver fullsize recoil rod and plug are still at customs (surprise ,surprise.. <_< )

grips will be switched to a pair of kimber ones.

Edited by sturgis
I got some new bits today. (and big customs charges :angry: )

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

geezuz Mathub. . .Ultra CDP II. . .you're killin' me. . .that's next on my "compact" list.

btw, you have to give me a pat on my back. . I'm getting a Micro Raptor. . WHOOO HOOOO!!!

That A1 thumb safety is so ugly. :P

And beavertail...

the cleaner, the pico raptor is so sad in his black outfit.

Just wait a bit, prime is releasing some kimber ultra carry II, stainless ultra carry II and ultra eclipse II.

Edited by Mathub
That A1 thumb safety is so ugly. :P

And beavertail...

the cleaner, the pico raptor is so sad in his black outfit.

Just wait a bit, prime is releasing some kimber ultra carry II, stainless ultra carry II and ultra eclipse II.

you ever seen Global knives? (kitchen cutlery)

Global1.jpg

Global2.jpg

I might consider just bead blasting the entire Raptor kit of it's blackness and do something on the details of the Global knives. . maybe a different color instead of the black dots. . .OD, red. . yellow .I don't know.

That's great Prime news. .but bad news for my wallet! However. .stainless pistols don't impress me because so long they come in black. .I can make it stainless and/or two-tone.

I'd still love to get a SVI Tiki though. .although some hate it. .I love how different it is.

It'd be great if Prime starts making the STI or SVI compact 1911s

directed to me?  :unsure:

and a beavertail wouldnt work on that frame.

you can alway "round off" the Govt. frame and fit a Beavertail(esp. if it's a stock ABS frame). . not too difficult on a metal frame. . very easy to do overall. . I'll have to agree though. .even on an MEU. .a beavertail would look alot better. . so much more agressive/tactical looking. To me. .if you want a Govt. .then stick with its original format

Yeah I'll second that. I would have a small ary of compacts if I was still in the business.

Carry on chaps, you're breaking my heart and then mending it about 3 times a page at the moment :D :D :D

but you know. . on the Bob Chow. . I DO like the stipling effect around the frame, forestrap, backstrap, etc. .easy to do on stock WAs .. .but on a metal framed one. . that would be a challenge (moreso time consuming).