1911 Picture Thread

but you know. . on the Bob Chow. . I DO like the stipling effect around the frame, forestrap, backstrap, etc. .easy to do on stock WAs .. .but on a metal framed one. . that would be a challenge (moreso time consuming).

But doesn't the Bob Chow have a plastic frame as stock anyway, so that it doesn't make any difference? That is, your point is that the stippling is an effect hard to acheive by hand on a metal frame. But, this gun has a plastic frame so it's a moot point - you'd have to buy an aftermarket frame with the stippling if you wanted it metal, and at that point it wouldn't matter that you had bought the uglychow in the first place.

Edited by RSP1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But doesn't the Bob Chow have a plastic frame as stock anyway, so that it doesn't make any difference? That is, your point is that the stippling is an effect hard to acheive by hand on a metal frame. But, this gun has a plastic frame so it's a moot point - you'd have to buy an aftermarket frame with the stippling if you wanted it metal, and at that point it wouldn't matter that you had bought the uglychow in the first place.

I'm saying "easy to do on WAs" if you wanted to copy the stipling onto a different gun (not a Bob Chow. . that wouldn't make sense).

Same goes for the metal frame. . if you had a metal framed MEU. . and you wanted to Bob Chow stippling.. then it would be harder to do in metal. . than on a stock WA (non-Bob Chow)

If I bought the Prime Bob Chow metal kit.. there would be no need to do the stippling..

You're misunderstanding my post.

the main point is. .I like the Bob Chow stipling ...not the gun

Edited by the cleaner
I'm saying "easy to do on WAs" if you wanted to copy the stipling onto a different gun (not a Bob Chow. . that wouldn't make sense).

Same goes for the metal frame. . if you had a metal framed MEU. . and you wanted to Bob Chow stippling.. then it would be harder to do in metal. . than on a stock WA (non-Bob Chow)

If I bought the Prime Bob Chow metal kit.. there would be no need to do the stippling..

You're misunderstanding my post.

I understand - what I'm saying is that that's a benefit of the Prime metal kit, not of the nasty WA Bob Chow gun as stock. Sorry.

i just got a prime GSR slide, and im a little confused. what exactly is this part, and what do i do with it? any help would be great, as a similar part isnt anywhere in the gun that i can tell, and the manual doesnt seem to show any piece like it either. thanks for the help guys ^^.

The piece in question:

part.jpg

i just got a prime GSR slide, and im a little confused.  what exactly is this part, and what do i do with it?  any help would be great, as a similar part isnt anywhere in the gun that i can tell, and the manual doesnt seem to show any piece like it either.  thanks for the help guys ^^.

The piece in question:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Rhyyke/part.jpg[/img]

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...dpost&p=1270819

weirdly the piece wasnt originally in the stock slide, it was in a little bag with the slide. but thanx for the link davedawg, couldnt be any clearer haha. i'll post pics when its done ^^. thanx everyone!

Edited by rhyyke

Well, i eventually want to make a 1911 like the one above and i'll use the grips from my Warrior on the 1911 but just want something to go on the Warrior until i can get some real wood grips. I know it'll look a bit ###### but it'll do for a month or so.

I've known Boom had them in stock for a while now and i've been trying to order them, but they weren't replying to my e-mails. Looks like i've found my opportunity :D

:o at below. I did not see that coming. Gonna be an expensive couple of months methinks.

Edited by hitmanNo2