• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my first WA today.

DSC01469.JPG

Many hours of working, swearing and a cut open thumb later

DSC01481.JPG

It's my first time installing a metal frame/slide. The process of gutting and rebuilding was very easy, just making it all work was the hardest part.

I had to:

-shave off a bit of the grip safety, because it was not disengaging.

-shave off a bit of the rear of the mainspring housing, because it was blocking the grip safety

-sand the slide and frame and shave off a bit here and there

All in all it was a very nice and enjoyable (up to a point) learning experience and I can't wait to build another one.

Thanks to all the guys who answered my noobish questions in the Tech section, couldn't have done it without you. :D

is that the PGC kit?? looks amazing, great work.  Now just get it really used up and it'll be the perfect Force Recon sidearm replica

Hey thanks, yup that's the PGC kit from UNCo..

I have yet another question. Are you supposed to be able to just slide the mag in without having to press the mag release? Because on mine, I have to press the release everytime I load a clip.

Thats mainly down to the new type mags. At the joint of where the metal case meets the plastic feed lips, there is half a mm or so edge that prevents the mag from smoothly pushing the mag catch away on it's own.

But it's good practice anyway to depress the mag catch while inserting a mag.

Prime Series 70:

000_1449.jpg

000_1447.jpg

000_1446.jpg

I caved in and got some Hogues for my V10:

000_1454.jpg

Finally I fitted some steel barrels and chambers to my Officers:

000_1450.jpg

I also got some Prime MSH for them but there slightly shorter than the stock ones so theres a little gap between them and the grip safety.

Just received this beauty today courtesy of hardboiledcop. I can see why he praised it so much in his For Sale thread.

'Tis the WA FBI Trial Custom, and it is fast becoming my favourite pistol, even more so than my KSC USP .45. Absolutely stunning in every respect. Heavier than I imagined, but it sits comfortably in my hands. The flat baseplate on the magazine here is definitely preferred over the Wilson Combat bumper on my MARSOC magazine. Superb recoil on it as well, easily matches the MARSOC and that's full metal and shooting on green. Fantastic pistol, I recommend it to anyone.

<3

20070523191100452ji2.jpg

Here you go, http://www.roguesp.com/gunner_grips.html

Do PDI's hammers really make 1911's full auto?

On my PGC body, TM 1911, it did make my gun fire full auto. The hammer looks a little different from the stock one, so I think the little differences in specs between the metal and plastic just messed it up. I contacted them and they told me that my hammer looks like their design, and they thought it was a leaf spring issue, but I just swapped for a KM hammer instead. It is a very high quality piece though. PDI stuff usually works great, a PDI sear might help.