1911 Picture Thread

Anyone know if a Caspian Recon Rail will fit on a TM PGC kit? Those Caspian bastards and their titanium lol. Until my mom is convinced my friend in NC isn't a child molester then my 1911 will be very plain, so just imagine a plain 1911.

P.S. Damn $100 Razor Tarantula keyboard is hard to get used to, so please excuse me if my grammar is off in this post.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, here's a suggestion, why not create a thread for TM 1911 issues, much like there has been one created for WA 1911 issues..

Since the release of the TM/WE this place has become rediculously spammed with questions and severely lacking the great input of pictures that the first 150 pages had..

--

I would post a picture, but I'm too poor to get any new toys :(

Little offer for anyone wanting to help a hippy and make themselves a few quid; I am too lazy to do this, as usual, but if someone can find a black threaded outer barrel, black trigger and black hammer for an SCW2 Kimber TLEII, and fit them to the gun which I will send to you, then there's £15 in it for you plus the cost of return postage.

For you guys who know where all this stuff is and can reassemble a WA 1911 in seconds then it is eeeeeeaaasy money :)

All new or very little used bits, by the way, and I'm not too fussed about which style of trigger or hammer to be honest; just give me the choices, I will give you the answers.

Oh and of course buy the bits myself too, obviously ;)

Hey guys, here's a suggestion, why not create a thread for TM 1911 issues, much like there has been one created for WA 1911 issues..

Since the release of the TM/WE this place has become rediculously spammed with questions and severely lacking the great input of pictures that the first 150 pages had..

--

I would post a picture, but I'm too poor to get any new toys :(

Gotcha ;)

Hooray ! :D

When i first changed out my trigger on my 5inch 1911 for the 3 holed one, i fubared the triggerbar somewhat, wich resulted in it having a sticky trigger wich i couldnt get out... and it has been bugging me for a good while now, so with all the new bits i have coming for it, i set out with a determined mind, and a few cans of beer, to fix it once and for all! and im pleased to say i have succeeded in fixing the darn thing :D

*does happy dance*

to celebrate, and put some pics on this page

DSC00411sm.JPG

IM000913sm.JPG

..., black trigger and ...

sent you a PM regarding a black trigger i have spare

Edited by sturgis

I finally got around to painting the stock black grips. I used Krylon Khaki, then mimosa, then black and brown wash on the grips to give it that "Kimber-ish" look.

sideud6.jpg

oppsidehv8.jpg

slideopengl4.jpg

I have a quick question for you WA 1911 owners out there, do you guys keep the plastic slides/frames or do you guys mostly end up getting an aftermarket metal kit? Likewise, how is the weight of the gun stock (as in w/o aftermarket kits)?

I finally got around to painting the stock black grips.  I used Krylon Khaki, then mimosa, then black and brown wash on the grips to give it that "Kimber-ish" look.

---

I have a quick question for you WA 1911 owners out there, do you guys keep the plastic slides/frames or do you guys mostly end up getting an aftermarket metal kit?  Likewise, how is the weight of the gun stock (as in w/o aftermarket kits)?

Metal slides, I'm too poor to bother with frames.

But bear in mind that unless you get a steel kit or something, the HW plastic of the slide will probably weigh about the same as an aluminium one.

Still nice and heavy stock though.

Metal slides, I'm too poor to bother with frames.

But bear in mind that unless you get a steel kit or something, the HW plastic of the slide will probably weigh about the same as an aluminium one.

Still nice and heavy stock though.

Oh ok, thanks. I haven't had the opportunity to hold a WA in person yet, but from the pictures and reviews I've seen, I heard great things about them. I wished that my WE slide came with engraved trademarks.

Grips look nice there. Makes me want to do something like that when I get mine.

Thanks, you'd be surprised how small details can change the entire look of the gun.

I haven't had the opportunity to hold a WA in person yet, but from the pictures and reviews I've seen, I heard great things about them.

And they are great. The quality is just amazing. I had one for a while, sold it, and went and bought another one because the quality was so great compared to others (although for the price, it better be :P)

My metal 1911s are near the 800 grams mark. With steel barrel and chamber, and with wood grips.

All weight in heavy weight models is located in the HW slide/frame (heavier than cnc aluminium) and the metal grips.