1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote that the first 200 odd pages be scrubbed clean so only pictures remain, then there'll only be around 75 pages total ;)

--

btw this is a serious suggestion, I'd be willing to do it.. got nout else to do now uni is finished with :(

there is to much info in this thread for that to do....

Well, I point out that all the other huge threads, Armalites, etc. have two or more 'sections' as they got bigger and bigger- it makes it easier to review.

And logically having a thread whether its in one or more sections that are all focused on the 1911 still means it will 'grow' so that argument kinda goes right out the window-

This thread goes back to 2004- it's 2007 in case anyone has access to a calendar :o

Let's vote to make it easier to review for new members and those of us that may want to go back and look at our history- Actually it would have been even cooler if we had broken it off by year, so we could trace our progression.

:D

Slainte!

-G

Edited by Guinness
Well, I point out that all the other huge threads, Armalites, etc. have two or more 'sections' as they got bigger and bigger- it makes it easier to review.

And logically having a thread whether its in one or more sections that are all focused on the 1911 still means it will 'grow' so that argument kinda goes right out the window-

This thread goes back to 2004- it's 2007 in case anyone has access to a calendar  :o

Let's vote to make it easier to review for new members and those of us that may want to go back and look at our history- Actually it would have been even cooler if we had broken it off by year, so we could trace our progression.

:D

Slainte!

-G

yeah, all in favour for that, i dont get why this didnt go into mark 2 after page 100 like the others used to, but lets not go deleting anything :)

what exactly is there in the first 200 pages of this thread other than pictures, that you need so badly.

At any rate, It's not hard to judge what's important and whats not, even if it was images & informative posts that were saved, that would STILL cut the thread down to 100 pages.. if that!

--

the point is, images don't take up forum bandwidth, informative posts do but are useful, the huge torrent of repetitive questions and "wow that's cool" posts from over a year ago are now redundant and need to go.

--

I also think any further subdivision is useless.

e.g. Who uses the classifieds? barely anyone.

Edited by hardboiledcop
e.g. Who uses the classifieds? barely anyone.

Agreed- I certainly don't since I got RTFO :angry:

(Ripped The F*** Off)

And practically speaking HBC, to do what you are proposing you would need Wizard of Mod's powers- I'm guessing, but I'll wager our fearless Mod leaders don't really want to sign up to do that, and I'd further bet they will collectively vote against bumping either you or I up to the elite of elite level even when we offer to pitch in for this purpose- could be wrong though ;)

-G

Edited by Guinness

hey, I've got a couple questions before I start a project. one, how is the best way to completely romove all of the paint from a 1911 and then polish it so that it is very, very shiny? and two, where can I get some custom ivory-like grips with the words, 'bad mother f***a' engraved?

if you haven't guessed, I want to make a replica of jules gun from pulp fiction.

I think stripping the thread of nothing but pics removes plenty of good info that's not picture related. I thought the gallery was just for pics, while picture threads were also for discussion?

why the sudden need to police the threads?? want it tidier? open up a mark 2, and archives this one. and actively moderate that one so it wont clutter to much.

you know as well as anyone, that this thread contains vast amounts of info, there are pages consiting of only posts by you so to speak.

Browsing through it is gonna be so easy :rolleyes: with posts missing everywhere and references that dont make any sense, or are you going to edit every post then?

besides i kinda aggree davedawg here...

if anything, the ohs, ahs, thats nice, etc, belong here more then all the questions asked about technical problems, and all us 1911 regulars have sinned on that one on many occasions

edit spelling

Edited by sturgis

HBC, Boomarms seem to be having probs with there ordering system at the mo. Try using the 'contact us' button and using the 'order' email address, they responded to me within a couple of hours doing that.

On another note, I've just received my new Boomarms Bob Chow Special :D, pictures up tomorrow.....

Edited by Ronin00033
I'm on the look out for a full metal 1911, and boomarms haven't responded to my last 20-odd e-mails.

So if anyone is thinking of selling their Kimber Swat II/CDP/Raptor, or anything else a little fancy, drop me a pm.

I have a full metal Kimber LAPD SWAT II, but it's Magna. .and you want SCW. .DOH!!!!

Let me know if you want the owner's (BoomArms) email address. . my buddy knows him personally.

new project brewing (can't get enough of compacts!):

SVI IED 3.9 !!!!

(so far, just a PGC SVI 3.9 slide w/ a piece of sh!t G&G breech (I need to just throw that out). .but I'm using it because it's the only metal breech I have w/ Infinity on it.)

slide is brand new(just opened). .the IED frame is beat up. .then again, my skirmishers are my showpieces .

DSC06561.jpg

DSC06560.jpg