1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ledpocket, if you find how to make a reliable inner barrel bushing for the ucdp2 let me know. :)

Do you mean the stupid o-ring/funny shaped plastic thing/spring? (speaking of the parts from the series 80. The v10/raptor had a brass ring instead of the funny plastic)

I'll let you know how it goes with mine, and if I have any bright ideas when it doesn't work ;)

Well SCW3 comes with the brass ring, same as SCW1 and 2.

Magnatech version comes with the plastic thingy.

Prime one piece barrel is so hollown that the inner barrel points toward the ground when gun put horizontaly. :P You'll know what I mean.

am in need of help from a few of the guys in here, got a frame of above poster a while ago, but it seems all attempts to get the grip screw things that go in the frame have unfourtunalty failed rather misserably, anyone here got any spare??

also, can someone please tell me what the hell they are called, i have no clue :P

The continuing CDP2 saga:

The magna barrel bushing didn't fit, so I made one. Made it just smaller than the inner diameter of the outer barrel. Made a long spring guide. Still needs the slide catch slotted out for scw vs the magna and a little more frame/slide fitting.

20070620kimbercdp009fs1.jpg

20070620kimbercdp015yz2.jpg

20070620kimbercdp023bz2.jpg

Still getting the hang of all the settings on my digicam ;)

Nope. I used the same groove/oring arrangement to hold it in there.

Found a new spring that didn't have the flare.

Made the bushing to .347"OD and .326" ID. and maybe .25" long.

Outer barrel ID is .450"

Inner Barrel OD is .316"

(at least that's what I remember the dimensions to be)

I did notice that my inner barrel didn't really flop around inside the prime outer. Maybe they made the through hole a bit smaller on my piece?

I can't say for sure if my bushing will work because I have yet to work out the stickiness of the action...

if you do all the front facing parts first (inside the trigger, the front strap, dustcover etc) and sand them all downwards with wet-n-dry or some other fine grain sandpaper.

then do the sides with a large sheet of the same paper, going from front to back, you should be able to get a very nice finish, and get rid of most of the discrepancies in the finish..

You might need to use some sort of sealent to stop it tarnishing..

Anyone have any idea of a sealent that stop pot-metal oxidising? I'm looking for some too..