1911 Picture Thread

I would do if the threads they went into were not stripped and mashed to hell. Classic WA plastic frame = meh.

Tell you what, tomorrow I will swap it all over into the KJ metal frame after I have applied the same effect, that should look much better with grip screws in.

Would bushings taken from an old plastic TM 1911 frame work?

Edited by Senor Bear
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was initially going to ask why you bought 2 extra extended ones if you didn't like the look of them, but then I thought it was something to do with the function of them.

You know you can use any WA/J-Armory 1911 mags in it, not just the extended ones right?

I was initially going to ask why you bought 2 extra extended ones if you didn't like the look of them, but then I thought it was something to do with the function of them.

You know you can use any WA/J-Armory 1911 mags in it, not just the extended ones right?

I know, I got the gun with magazines in a deal(trade) so that is the only reason i have three long ones.

Springfield Armory V12 Custom

Prime Springfield Armory V12 kit

WA SCW3 Kimber Warrior OD based with SCW2 frame internals

Traditional straight barrel with bushing

WA SCW long guide rod

Real Colt Delta Elite grips (whilst I await some custom ones)

WA hex grip screws

CP aluminium blowback chamber

Not a bad kit together, Prime have certainly closed up tolerances in places on this particular kit as my older 15 rounds SCW mags were a tight fit in the magwell.

Lots of nice touches on this kit to aid fitting, such as upper magwell chamfer (to stop the nozzle catching), rear of slide to allow smoother hammer transition down the back of the slide upon cycling etc. Detailing is fantastic as you'd expect on a $445 kit.

General fitment issues were the same but again SCW2 was fitted in the frame in lieu of the SCW3.

I opted for the traditional barrel and bushing set up as at this point I prefer that aesthetically, when cone barrels first came out, I couldn't get enough of them, but with time I found myself leaning towards the conventional set up. I know it's a waste of the V12 steel barrel, but......."meh", it makes mine different. I have seen enough real, ported guns sold with the option of a plain barrel to confirm the feasibility of my project.

Damn, stainless guns are hard to photograph, not to mention the British weather hampering my efforts ;)

gallery_16881_775_6973.jpg

gallery_16881_775_16736.jpg

gallery_16881_775_53401.jpg

gallery_16881_775_11633.jpg

Thank you folks :)

The gun shoots as you would expect except with the CP lightweight ally blowback chamber (quite a bit lighter than stock) the blowback is a bit more snappy, but the price you pay is a slight reduction in felt recoil (depends what you're going for really, or what temperatures you intend to use it in as to whether it's worth it).

I got the Delta grips form E bay some time ago, $20 if I recall. I cut off the rubber front strap as there's no point having that lovely chequering and not using it, is there? :D

a bit artistic airsoft here:

dsc0073aklpq3.jpg

- tm 1911a1 as base

- guarder springfield kit

- guarder steel outerbarrel

- pdi präzilauf, springguide

- dyna pistonhead

shirt and shopped by bunny (i dont have us shirts at home lol)

thx a lot misses

dsc0075klzp1.jpg

eh. . just some new grips. . (they're knock-off casted versions of the real ones.. the bone-head seller sent the wrong grips)

Kimber Classic Model Custom .45ACP

EDIT: btw. .

Prime frame

PGC slide

PGC firing pin

Sheriff Bartso breech

Sherrif floating valve

Guarder nozzle

Guarder recoil spring and mainspring

Guarder cone barrel ( I think, it's heavier than stock)

still in project phase

DSC06586.jpg

DSC06587.jpg

DSC06588.jpg

Edited by the cleaner
not so keen on the hammer but otherwise that's mint!

I kinda liked the hammer because it "flowed" nicely with the Wilson beavertail. .almost completes a "circle" if you know what I mean.

kinda like an eagle's talon. .all "hooked". . ..but oh well. .you win some. .you lose some. .

eh. . just some new grips. . (they're knock-off casted versions of the real ones.. the bone-head seller sent the wrong grips)

Kimber Classic Model Custom .45ACP

EDIT: btw. .

Prime frame

PGC slide

PGC firing pin

Sheriff Bartso breech

Sherrif floating valve

Guarder nozzle

Guarder recoil spring and mainspring

Guarder cone barrel ( I think, it's heavier than stock)

still in project phase

Curse that idiot seller !!! for taking so long and then to top it off, sending the wrong damn grips :(:(

:angry: I want my ivory!!!

Curse him with the purplemonkeydishwaterplague!

:unsure: sorry had to get that off my chest...

anyways, that's a sweet *albatross* piece (as usual :D ) man!

i have a hi res version of it, na na nana :P

Loving the hammer on it :)

/off to search so new grips

Edited by sturgis
What are the grips made of?  They look like G10, but they wouldn't be casted.

And I totally forgot about the pictures for the leaf springs.  I will take some tonight.

First off, I'm very experienced in RTV silicone molding/casting with urethanes/polyester, epoxy, etc. .

without sanding and then "smelling" the material OR if i did a burn test. .. .I'd say the grips are polyurethane castings w/ black pigment.

"he" did an OK job in molding/casting/replicating the texture, Punisher skull and depth of the engraving. . skull is half-a$$ed painted. . it's the backside of the grips that's a really cruddy job. .

You know how liquid conforms around inside the walls of a glass? near the edges, the liquid "rolls" up and sinks towards the center. . level is at the center? Well that's how this idiot casted the grips. . in otherwords, he should either poured more resin in his mold to compensate for the dipping in the center. . or orient his grips, when making the mold, differently. Anyhow.. half-a$$ job.

Right now. .the backside is all warped with low spots and high spots. .tell tale signs it was a casting. . "he" just sanded the entire grip so there is a bit of a flat ridge that sits on the frame. it's not a good method to do this because then your grips are not truely flat.

there are NO air bubbles in the casting..at least that are visible on the outer surfaces.. .so he at least used a vacuum chamber.

the screw holes are too large so the grips slide back and forth about 2 mm. . you can crank the screws down, but you still have a little movement. . lame.

Oh well. .