1911 Picture Thread

i'm fairly sure that somewhere i had read agent 47 uses modified hardballers, but i am also positive that the guns are NOT long-slide hardballers. looked more like standard single stack .45's with american legend grips to me. as for the blowback unit, maybe check the piston head? if it's torn, it could be leaking out a lot of gas for the blowback action, which may explain why the gun has such a poor efficiency.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question for the P14 owners. is the height of the para-ord P14 that western arms offers the same height as the regular single stack 1911's? i am thinking about buying a P14 instead of an MEU, and i know the grip is fatter, but if the grip is longer as well then i'll have to pass. i'm not really a fan of a whole lotta gun hanging out from under my hand.

Am looking to get some Hogue grips for my TM 1911 but am torn between two sets and worried if they might fit or not. I'll probably get shouted at for this but

http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.i...atid=151&step=4

and

http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.i...atid=150&step=4

Basically I want to do my 1911 up and I've been looking at Hogue grips for awhile now. Looking to get a metal black frame, polished (hopefully) slide, hard recoil springs & high flow valves to do her up. Any advice on the grips or upgrades would be great :)

magwell. .agreed. .

ahh. .I'm getting a refund for these grips (on Ebay) anyways. .they suck really bad in quality. Very poorly casted. .air bubbles on the surface, holes are too large so the screws do not even secure the grip, and backside is uneven and not flush properly.. .also little details like the area under the plunger housing is cruddy.

some dark kimber marked wood grips would look lurvely on her.. If you could somehow swag some Raptor grips it'd be beyond awesome..

I'm currently carving my own grips. .I have some nice exotic woods I just picked up:

purple heart

bacote

paudak vermillion

I'll have to take pics of the wood slabs I got. .have to see to appreciate the grain, color, texture.

Thank you Mr. Vicious,

Actually right now it's a one off, no other like it. It's built on a Tokyo Marui 1911A1. The lower receiver is one peice with no inserts like the PGC kits.

I wouldnt have guessed it was a TM...how much did the custom goodies cost to build that bad boy?

I'm absolutely sure this question has been posed before, and I have searched properly, but had no luck/influx of useless threads..

--

If I were to buy a magnatech 1911, eg. the CQB custom series 70 (silver), would I be able to fit a standard metal kit?

I realise I would have to buy an aftermarket slidestop, but is there anything else I should be worried about? Is the use of standard ABS the only downfall over a fully fledged scw3?

ta.