1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost everything should fit without a problem, however the recoil spring bushing may be a different shape and not fit the metal frame (this was the case when I tried to put Magna-Tech Series 70 internals in a SCW2 slide).

Also I think the sights are molded to the slide on all Magna-Techs. This shouldn't matter as long as the kit comes with its own :) .

I prefere the TM internals over Western Arms any day, Straight out of the box skirmishable (Is that even a word??) WA has a real bad rep here in Japan.

I am beggining to agree with you. WAs are proving almost more trouble than they are worth. They still shoot better (in terms of feel and power) than a TM. Once TM can figure that out fully, they will be finished.

I'd take a WA over TM any day of the week, even one as beautiful as that custom.

For me, WA means better kick, power, realism, gas capacity..

Call me anal if you like, but a 1911 should be able to be decocked, and it shouldn't have screws, also, if there's an issue with my WA, chances are after stripping and reassembling I will know where the problem lies. TM's are a whole different ballgame for me..

I prefere the TM internals over Western Arms any day, Straight out of the box skirmishable (Is that even a word??) WA has a real bad rep here in Japan.

probably because of the 1 joule rule. . and 134a.

TMs cannot compare or even come close to WA Magna/R-type powered guns.

I can see if you're comparing the TM to SCWs though.

( oooh. . I hate SCWs)

I'd take a WA over TM any day of the week, even one as beautiful as that custom.

For me, WA means better kick, power, realism, gas capacity..

Call me anal if you like, but a 1911 should be able to be decocked, and it shouldn't have screws, also, if there's an issue with my WA, chances are after stripping and reassembling I will know where the problem lies. TM's are a whole different ballgame for me..

and I will agree with HBC too. .

also. . Marui M9 vs WA 92F. . no comparison in terms of realism, power, performance.. .WA only lacked in upgrades and the poorly made Sheriff kit.

and I will agree with HBC too. .

also. . Marui M9 vs WA 92F. . no comparison in terms of realism, power, performance.. .WA only lacked in upgrades and the poorly made Sheriff kit.

But look how old the Marui M9 is! It's one of thier first GBB, rather than rebuilding the internals they just threw on some other external kit.

i am seriously going insane over the lack of flat mainspring housings. someone replied over in my other thread that the TM 5.1 housing will swap over to a TM 1911, but i need one for my WA as well. is there anywhere that sells replacement mainspring housings for the WA? i really do NOT feel like shelling out 80 bucks for a prime/sheriff housing.

I should make myself clearer, I prefer the TM to the problematical SCW systems. In terms of M9s, there is no question the WA is far superior in every way. I do own more WAs than TMs.

HBC - Did you see a SD kit in stock again? Runs to Den.

Edited by hkssr20det

sorry for scumming up the thread but i'm too dumb to be able to get the search to come back with any less than an entire boards worth of results. I'd like to know if the marui nineball threaded outer barrel will fit in the WE 1911, and if it doesn't is there a threaded barrel that will?

Edited by Ingo_Sleeps