1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for a group shot I think  :) .

000_1681.jpg

you've got a nice range of compacts . .I think what's needed, though, is a full metal Colt Defender. ..I doubt Prime will make it though. If SD made the slide, then you can use the Prime Colt Officer frame.

Ok, but how do i get them?( the raptor grips)

uhhh .there's a firearms company called KIMBER

you get the Raptor grips by calling or emailing them. .and obtain them by giving Kimber US currency/money for the amt. they ask.

jeesuz man. .use your brain for once.

If you don't see the grips for sale anywhere. .where else would you look? maybe from the company that MAKES the grip?

you won't see it on the website. .only mentioned. . call them and you can obtain them.

here. .everything's gotta be spoon-fed to lazy-a$$es. . .

www.kimberamerica.com

uhhh .there's a firearms company called KIMBER

you get the Raptor grips by calling or emailing them.  .and obtain them by giving Kimber US currency/money for the amt. they ask.

jeesuz man. .use your brain for once.

If you don't see the grips for sale anywhere. .where else would you look? maybe from the company that MAKES the grip?

you won't see it on the website. .only mentioned. . call them and you can obtain them.

here. .everything's gotta be spoon-fed to lazy-a$$es. . .

www.kimberamerica.com

wow nice rant. I know i need to call Kimber. BUT THEN! i thought......... maybe hmm, possibly somebody might know of somewhere that distributes them.

So before you have a heart attack :wide-eyed:,

calm down, it was just a question. ;)

and RENDER yes exactly, thanks man.

PS. Thanks for the help on the price.

Edited by oddxbird

sorry for the rant. . .

Think about it . . .these are Raptor grips. . for the Kimber Raptor.

Is the Raptor a limited production gun or not?

Ok. . .now, are the grips generically mass produced or custom grips by Kimber?

If custom. . what does that tell you? Do you think that Kimber will have other distributors of custom Raptor grips? Not likely. . because from a business point of view, the authorized Kimber dealer is not likely to be selling alot of them nor would the demand be high.

Again. .we're talking about Kimber Raptor grips here. . not any ol type of Kimber grips that you can buy anywhere from any ol' store.

It's the same anology of EXPECTING to only pay $40 for custom grips.

Knowing something is "custom". .if you're looking for them ..you have to expect on paying a premium.

With that said. .there probably is a dealer than can get you the Raptor grips. .but it's not going to be cheap.

The Std. Kimber rosewood grips w/ Kimber logo sell for $60-65 at most places. How much you think the Raptors go for?

There's always being patient and stick with gunbroker or ebay. .that's the only other place I've seen Raptor grips for sale. .and they were used that sold at $75.

Shoot. .maybe I'm just making this all up and I don't know anything.

it's fine. Yeah i am expectiing to pay around 75 -100$ anyway, but i was just asking cause i know there are little ebay sotres, or small single ran website, that that carry limited stuff like that. But i doubt about the grips. thanks for the input. Anyway

Back to the beautiful 1911's :)

Too bad when you call the Kimber Custom Shop - (914) 964-0771 EXT 228

They tell you they don't sell Raptor grips...you can only get Raptor grips from Kimber if you own a Raptor and are getting them as replacement warrantied parts.

Edited by ViciousV10s

Picture038.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Made a set of walnut grips for my KWC 1911 the other day. There's an area that I want to sand down a bit more, so I can reach the slide release a bit easier, and I'd like to craft another set for left hand use on my other KWC. I wish this gloss lacquer would dry a bit faster; it's been two days and it's still sticky!

The first photo is a little unclear because my lens was fogging up from it being so hot and humid outside. Hadn't noticed until after I uploaded to Photobucket.

Edited by ChrisNorthInGer

Heh... This thread is cool. If only I could get along with the single-stack grips I'd be up for a classic 1911 like a shot.

As it is, well...

DSCF0082.JPG

Three WA Para-Ordnance HRT Specials (two with metal slides, one "rescue job" that's been used as spare aprts for one of the others), two WA SV Infinity Prokillers and two TM Hi-Capa 5.1s.

Love the Colt design, but my hands're too big.

Very sexy. Is that there a Shooter's Design MEU slide cut for Bo-mars? The Custom logo looks like it was etched in by someone. And I assume those are Alumagrips with Gungrips custom dragon logo?? If it is, you are one lucky son of a monkey cuz they don't do clear style Alumagrips anymore :P