1911 Picture Thread

LOL @ Balderik and Black Adder

Nice guns, I too have problems with the single stacker grip. However I can't stand 5.1 ergos either...

I should try those Para-Ordonance, they look damn sexy, and a good compromise.

Very nice Mk IV TGR by the way!

Yeah, the Hi-Capas are Baldrick and Blackadder because they're not real guns, so they look a mite comedic next to the Paras.

And WA Paras are gorgeous guns. You might have some trouble getting ahold of an HRT Special because IIRC they're discontinued (though I've seen a few black ones for sale, the parkarised ones seem to be a bit rare). Not sure if they still make the P-14 .45 though, and the HRT Special is essentially one of those with an ambidextrous thumb safety. P-14 .45s are still great-looking guns.

Edited by Captain Hat
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya guys, I'm currently reading through the entire thread (only on page 140 so far ;)) and I decided to post a pic of my TM 1911. Only my second GBB (had a KJ Para before).

I threw a couple of Delta Elite grips on it to see how it looked and it's atleast better to hold now imho :).

Love the guns in this thread!

post-20913-1186865419_thumb.jpg

my two lovelies......

Yin and Yang, both have a bit of good and bad in them!! :D

Still need some Novak sights for the silver one, but i had this for so long i couldn't wait anymore!!!

GSR sigarms slides

prime TLE/RLII frames

upgraded springs on the black one(silver to come when i get more money from sales!!)

haven't tried the silver one out yet as the stock springs probably won't work too well, and the sights are missing, but if it shoots like the black one( :o:o:D:wide-eyed: ), i'll be as happy as a pig in s***!!! :D

what do you think, with or without the tac lights(cheap clone thingy's BTW)

enjoy!!

post-16928-1186938501_thumb.jpg

post-16928-1186938516_thumb.jpg

post-16928-1186938535_thumb.jpg

Very sexy. Is that there a Shooter's Design MEU slide cut for Bo-mars? The Custom logo looks like it was etched in by someone. And I assume those are Alumagrips with Gungrips custom dragon logo?? If it is, you are one lucky son of a monkey cuz they don't do clear style Alumagrips anymore :P

Yep they are indeed alumagrips w/ the gungrips dragon logo, and birchm's right, its a magna SD springfield slide.

Nice guns airwolfie. The TLE/RLII frames seem a bit odd with GSR slides to me but still its a cool set you got there.

What grips are those, Donut?  What are they made of?

Donut Custom Works? I think someone gave my project that name a while back :P

I think they're Oak, or maybe Ash. Those are the two types of wood I usually use.

I thought you needed some kind of slide spacer to get a Hi-Capa slide to fit onto a 1911?

No, it went on just fine, fired fine as well, though you have to use the 1911 slide catch, the Hi capa catch doesn't work ;)
charliecloud's 945 was mine. :P

Unfortunately, KSC blowback performance is so *suitcasey*.

If only I could find a zeke m945c brass kit. :)

ZEKE M945C silvers go for about $550

ZEKE M945C goldies go for about $750. . last I've seen. . .that was several years (at least 3 ) ago. . .

btw. .there's a "gold"(brass) V10 kit too. .don't know if you've ever seen that one. . .not by Prime, I believe it was Sheriff.

(other brass kits I've seen: ZEKE Maruzen PPK, ZEKE Maruzen P38, ZEKE Tanaka Luger 04-08, ZEKE DEagle, ZEKE Marushin M712 )

------

I would've loved to have a full metal M945 and tinker with the power (or lack thereof). . .same goes for the Sig Pro series. .i just know I can do something to bring the power out. . at least to skirmishable grade.

Edited by the cleaner