I want those grips for my 1911 but I dont think SA will ship the the UK :(

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it.

I want those grips for my 1911 but I dont think SA will ship the the UK :(

Thanks.

Hm, you're the third person from the UK or Europe who's been interested in these grips. I should sell them internationally at jacked up prices :P

If SA won't ship across the pond, check out GunsNGuys. They sell SA Cross Cannon grips by Altmount that are exactly the same...maybe even the real deal.

To go off-topic a bit regarding the import regulations: There are and there aren't regulations regarding gas powered guns. The law strictly says that only hobby guns propelled by either spring, air or carbondioxide are allowed into the country. But this law was written back in the 70's when those where the only propellants available and they are in the process of changing it since they've previously argued in favour of this restriction by claiming that air and spring power is less powerful than gas. <_<

Although the forgot that carbondioxide is even more powerful than most gases and that springs can be upgraded. ^_^

On a second note: I have imported several gas powered guns in the past without any problems, and I currently have a shipment of Marushin Mossbergs on the way from the U.S., and they are about to arrive at my front door any minute without problem. :)

To go off-topic a bit regarding the import regulations: There are and there aren't regulations regarding gas powered guns. The law strictly says that only hobby guns propelled by either spring, air or carbondioxide are allowed into the country. But this law was written back in the 70's when those where the only propellants available and they are in the process of changing it since they've previously argued in favour of this restriction by claiming that air and spring power is less powerful than gas. <_< 

Although the forgot that carbondioxide is even more powerful than most gases and that springs can be upgraded. ^_^

On a second note: I have imported several gas powered guns in the past without any problems, and I currently have a shipment of Marushin Mossbergs on the way from the U.S., and they are about to arrive at my front door any minute without problem. :)

Ok, good to know :)

Hopefully I can contribute some pictures myself in the next time. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a Wilson Combat Professional 4-Inch version. Kind of rarety as Western Arms models are hard to find around here … :wide-eyed:

For now I just have to start with my Marui 1911 MEU fake and a older picture from back in the days … a KWC S&W 1911 Heavy Weight Spring model

meupistol.jpg

19111.jpg

19112.jpg

Edited by SamJacksonFan

@ suicidalsnowman: Never used it that much, but I have friends and other guys who complained about the same thing.

I guess this is all about the edges of the holster, because inside everything is smooth, only the clip mechanism in the trigger leaves traces with permantent drawing and holstering.

My tipp would be, smoothen the edges a bit and lubricate the inside of the holster a little bit with silicone.

kydexwise I'd recomend Blackhawk holsters or G-Code. With others I have no experience. But Fobus is on the cheap end of the line … excellent value for the money but with little issues.

ok guys stop it, i want a 1911 now!!!!!!

i have a £120 budget for a pistol. i was thinking the TM 1911 but i see a WE 1911 full metal with 2 mags for £10 less than the TM

i know the TM has kits for it, but is the WE any good or shal i go with the with TM?