1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what outer barrel did you use in your Springfield?  I'm in the process of building my Springfield out of TM 1911, but haven't found a outer barrel yet.  I'm thinking of a sliver one, but haven't found it at any retailers.

The silver barrel is a Nine Ball, Dentrinity is still carrying them. The Springfield has a Tanio Koba fitted, which is very nice. Barsto markings, threaded for use with an adapter. Both are good choices. I would prefer SD, due to the extra weight, but these options work just fine.

The Guarder kit is not as nice as the PGC. The action is not as smooth (but mine was just fit). It isn't noticeably heavier. I think it is worth the cost, especially if you buy from HK. But this gun does shoot hotter than my PGC. Could be just the fact it is brand new or some tolerances are different between kits.

Too bad this doesn't have a full length dust cover/rail like the RS I've seen. . never seen this variant in RS w/ square trigger guard.

The end of the dust cover/rail is suppose to at an angle, not cut straight 90 degrees. It shoot line up with your "R".

Yep, someone posted in the user review of the AMT. It's in stock at redwolf and BoomArms.

hcpck76svldz7.jpg

I had just decided not to get a Hardballer when I went to order one at GnG and found they were out of stock. However seeing this kit makes me want one now. The finish looks quite different to the WA finish though, so the parts will stand out possibly.

edit - Kind of a mini review on the site - AMT Hardballer review

Edited by hitmanNo2

I thought the older Operator's had the straight, partial dust cover? Or did they only have the full length dust covers, and the one with the angled cut at the end?

*edit: here's a pic of a real steel operator, I can only imagine it must be an older version of the oeprator, the one the Boomarms kit is modeled after.

36908849.jpg

*double edit: Hmmm, doesn't have the square trigger guard.

Edited by ruchik