1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stumbled across this cool video. I've seen pics of the automatic .38 1911 that the Dillinger gang used and some dubious photo's of a belt fed 1911, but i've never seen one with a fire select before.

I've got to upgrade my Magna P14, and I wanted to run a few ideas past you guys to see what you think. Mainly just the external 'looks' of the pistol. Ive got the compact size Para (still takes normal Double Stack mags) and I thought of getting a Full size frame, slide, and outer and inner barrels, with a new chamber. So heres the plan: A full size Para Frame painted Olive Drab, with black controls, hammer, and beavertail, with a Kimber Slide like THIS except with all the silver parts painted OD, keeping the inside of the Heat sink, and Kimber logo Flat Black. Also with a threaded barrel, again painted black. And finally, although this isn't really a big part of it, what chamber should I get, Para, Kimber or something else? I'm thinking Para, but maybe a Wilson or just a .45 ACP would look nice too.

I know she's not a true 1911 but what the hell, it's just as good, and looks insanely better than a raped SVI or Hicappa.

Thanks!

RR

Edited by Plymouth Roadrunner

if a slide is cut for novaks, will the kimber sights fit? i want to get a slide for my silver kimber custom stainless, but i cant find a slide for it. the closest i found was for the kimber MARSOC, but i believe that has a novak sight. will the sight off my kimber fit? thanx guys ^^.

I've got to upgrade my Magna P14, and I wanted to run a few ideas past you guys to see what you think. Mainly just the external 'looks' of the pistol. Ive got the compact size Para (still takes normal Double Stack mags) and I thought of getting a Full size frame, slide, and outer and inner barrels, with a new chamber. So heres the plan: A full size Para Frame painted Olive Drab, with black controls, hammer, and beavertail, with a Kimber Slide like THIS except with all the silver parts painted OD, keeping the inside of the Heat sink, and Kimber logo Flat Black. Also with a threaded barrel, again painted black. And finally, although this isn't really a big part of it, what chamber should I get, Para, Kimber or something else? I'm thinking Para, but maybe a Wilson or just a .45 ACP would look nice too.

I know she's not a true 1911 but what the hell, it's just as good, and looks insanely better than a raped SVI or Hicappa.

Thanks!

RR

Are you going to be getting a metal frame and painting it OD? Or are you getting another plastic frame? Because, given how nigh impossible it is to get a metal para frame these days, I would not paint it.

Beautiful … though I myself prefer my classical black one … you know, the Warrior is only the civilian version of the Kimber USMC pistol, don't you? To be 100 % exact, you have to go for the Western Arms Kimber Marsoc with Dawson Rail … this one has authentic USMC-Markings, too ;)

If it is just for the looks with desert tan, the Worrior should work fine with your outfit. Beautiful work by Western Arms. Hope, the Nighthawk series will follow …

WA SCW3 AMT Hardballer Longslide

Prime metal kit

Hogue wood grips - Crimson Trace to follow

Custom 7" inner barrel

It looks like Prime have improved tolerances and manufacturing methods, (as indeed I thought on the V12 kit).

The new method of fixing the plunger tube is far easier, similar to WA's method. I got a new inner barrel made

as it irked me that WA put a 6" (brass) barrel in a 7" gun, although this probably has more to do with Japanese FPS laws.

The original WA gun has an overall grey stainless look, the real thing was bead blasted heavily giving a dull grey/silver

colour which contrasted with the silver grain finish sides on the slide. The Prime kit is matt silver bead blasted which is

not quite a match for the controls from the OE.

I first saw a Longslide in 'The Terminator' with it's laser sight and it's always held a special place for me in that format.

My original idea was to build a replica of that. The mount isn't the problem, it's finding a laser that big these days ;)

However, with the practicalities of it all I have decided to bring it up to date with some Crimson trace laser grips on,

"T-07" if you like........

I took the pics in failing light, please excuse the poor photography.

Better images with updates to follow.....

gallery_16881_775_9024.jpg

gallery_16881_775_13324.jpg

gallery_16881_775_49906.jpg

No not at all, blowback is fine. The weight of the extra couple of inches isn't that great in 7075 ally.

I would have ordered the CP lightweight blowback chamber to counter that very fear, had it have been in stock at Boom,

RW or WGC. (Having fitted it to my V12 as an experiment and been pleased with the results)

Ultimately I still plan to put one on for the difference it makes as I want to give the 7" every help I can ;)