1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotch Brite pads anyone?

Yep, I was thinking something along those lines. Perhaps using some bluing fluid and a light polish to give the finish a bit of a sheen. Then again, that could result in a catastrophic fail.

Edited by hitmanNo2
Yep, I was thinking something along those lines.  Perhaps using some bluing fluid and a light polish to give the finish a bit of a sheen.  Then again, that could result in a catastrophic fail.

Bluing solution doesn't to squat to aluminum slides, sadly. Why not just lightly brush the sides of the slide? It won't remove the anodization.

I was hoping it might kind of fill in the surface texture, with some light sanding with some very fine wet n dry, if you get what I mean.

Yeah, I can't see lightly brushing removing the anodized finish. I had to take an orbital sander to get my MEU frame two tone. Whereas on the old Raptor kit, the finish came off pretty easily.

Perhaps the old Raptor kit were powder coated? I've seen a few Prime kits that had really delicate finishes.

DSC_1140.jpg

DSC_1141.jpg

DSC_1142.jpg

DSC_1143.jpg

Tommy Frank lower

Wilson Professional upper

Guarder Steel Chamber

Guarder Steel outter barrel

CP steel recoil rod

CP steel hammer/sear/disconnector/strut/firing pin

Prime fiber optic front sight

Prime steel magwell/MSH

Silverfox steel magcatch

RS grips

NOVAK grip screws

Proud RS grip bushings

And the usual internal goodness:

SD loading nozzle/floating valve

KA Springs

Mag lips

Just got them and they fit like a glove (the grips that is, they are Pachmayr legend series). They are on stock TM 1911s Here are some pics:

%20oYBW5fiGxPB4aeRiaxTpWMah4u8BzKM0300.jpg

YNrMj-1SlHTjFe1gXvhTKU6wBZfqttTU0300.jpg

ayy-JpBAzinJQlC1oJjpY2is3R3qz9Zc0300.jpg

And the consensus is, I LOVE them. They look straight out of Boondock Saints, and are super comfortable. I didn't even have to mod them to fit, they dropped right on.

Edited by beasthunter33
And wasn't someone after a pic of a compact frame with a longslide?

dsc00904ol7.jpg

haha. .I requested that a while ago. .

say. . how 'bout making that AMT into a custom V20 (or V30 LOL) . .shooot. .you can probably put more than 10 ports on each side.

EDIT... that's crazy looking. . now slap a magwell on it with one of those Wilson Supergrade extended mags to balance it out. . LOL

Edited by the cleaner
Just got them and they fit like a glove (the grips that is, they are Pachmayr legend series). They are on stock TM 1911s Here are some pics:

And the consensus is, I LOVE them. They look straight out of Boondock Saints, and are super comfortable. I didn't even have to mod them to fit, they dropped right on.

A TM does not deserve such kickassness :P

;)

eHobbyasia on ebay almost always has them. I've found that they have a ton of WA's I can't find anywhere else. Prices on the guns are decent, but the shipping from HK is always expensive.

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed the WE at the top, nice, clean and simple (I might just have to steal your look :P ). Also, anyone know if I could get a nice silver three-hole trigger and a new hammer to fit the WE? Would one of a TM or HiCapa 5.1 work?

Edited by xDieter736x

I know this thread is for pictures but it seems a lot of experienced 1911 owners come here so...

does anyone know of a cheap bolt on rail for the 1911?

Just go myself a nice new WE 1911, i looked around but the only one i found cost £150, hardly the sort of price i'm willing to be paying for a small bit of metal with holes in for screws

Alternatively does anyone know of a way to make one without having to dismantel or drill into the pistol too much

right, found one on ebay but it's in america

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMMAND-ARMS-1911-GOVT...1QQcmdZViewItem

anyone know of someone who does this in the UK?

Edited by j33v3s

http://shutter14.pictures.aol.com/data/pic...4u8BzKM0300.jpg

http://shutter11.pictures.aol.com/data/pic...ZfqttTU0300.jpg

http://shutter13.pictures.aol.com/data/pic...R3qz9Zc0300.jpg

Your not the only one who loves them, I wouldnt mind a set or two for my 1911's.

How much did they set you back? if you dont mind me asking.

does anyone know where to find a SCW LAPD Custom Kimber? I've been looking for one religiously since I want one with the SD two tone slide  :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Arms-SCW3-M191...oQQcmdZViewItem

;)

I bought 2 of them last week. Fast shipping!! It's marked shipping to US only (for stupid Ebay regulations), but if you "Buy Now", even with the "warning" afterwards, they ship worldwide...done it more than ones. :)

ps. Where are you planning to buy the SD slide 2tone slide?

Edited by Black Dog