1911 Picture Thread

Only my opinion, but I really don't like the look of that V12.

Don't get me wrong, we all have our vices, but the combination of ring hammer, sv trigger, monkey grips and magwell/magbase really doesn't sit well with me.

Still, bet she shoots like a dream with all that work done :)

I know what you mean.

To be honest, my perfect V12 setup would be Mobius Strip's V12, but since that would just be copying him, I decided to take my favorite things from my favorite guns. The beaver tail needs to be traded in for a Gov't styled grip safety, anyone in the U.S. interested in a swap?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guinness I like those grips. I might have to pick up a set for my Springer...

You should get a PDI Milspec Hammer. It would complete the look a bit more.

Wow Junior you work fast! That CDP is sweet...makes me wish I had built a compact CDP....*drools*

Thanks, It wasn't to fast though. Slug had the lower frame mostly complete. I just had to sort somethings out. The slide took me a while...

Still not firing yet though :(

Edited by junior
Guinness I like those grips. I might have to pick up a set for my Springer...

You should get a PDI Milspec Hammer. It would complete the look a bit more.

Muchas gracias :D

be warned the grips are $60 when you can find them on eBay :(

And other than the SA crossed cannon logo on the front, mine is a G.I. version Springfield now, so I'll probably leave this one as is.

However, a nice stainless series 70 would be very nice indeed for my next one ;)

Where can you get those crossed-cannon grips? I remember they were mentioned somewhere, but I can't recall where they were able to be bought.

You can either call Springfield Armory and order them, or Gun N Guys carries the Altamont set, which are probably the oem manufacturer of them in the first place.

Only had my WE 1911 for one day and already messing with it.  I sanded one of the mags and painted the grips.  I also want to sand the the trigger and hammer, is it pretty easy taking the gun apart?

VERY easy. The WE 1911A1 is a TM clone (with slightly different internal dimensions) and strips down in exactly the same way.

First time you'll need a couple of hours to take it apart slowly and work out how it all fits together, but you can take them down completely in about 15 mins with some practice.

Just a quick snap of my twin-gunning kimbers. Going to be my only guns when the VCR comes into force, but boy do I love them.

CIMG2081.jpg

The CDP II is a tunerguy build, and a top-notch one at that, I'll be writing up a review of his work shortly :)

cheers.

--

edit - if anyone has seen or played Stranglehold, he has a pair of shoulder holsters for his berettas which are crossdraw arranged and the holsters themselves actually hook onto his belt too. Anyone have any idea where I can get hold of one for my kimbers?

ta/

Edited by hardboiledcop
if anyone has seen or played Stranglehold, he has a pair of shoulder holsters for his berettas which are crossdraw arranged and the holsters themselves actually hook onto his belt too. Anyone have any idea where I can get hold of one for my kimbers?

to the best of my knowledge many shoulder holsters have belt loops

tacticalii0ik.th.jpg

tacticaliv4ju.th.jpg

It's a standard KJW P14 metal slide (w/ all the internals of said slide) on my 1911 frame. For those instances where I feel the classis 1911 is a bit "outdated" for the current loadout/situation.

That's close to the look that I'm trying to get with a 1911. As close as possible anyway.

Like-a-this...

pdvd000vd7.png

pdvd002wo2.png

pdvd001ct7.png

Any ideas how I could build one of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(I apologize for the half-naked Governator).

Edited by NSFolsom

Just finished for a client. The new PGC kits require more work than the old DX kits, but man they are worth it. This one dropped together in just a few hours.

They also kick out really good fps, I think the slide to frame fit is a lot better than the stock set up.

dant1qy9.jpg

dant2vg1.jpg

Avg: 331fps

This Springfield Kit is sweet . I wished I had one, too. Along ith Kimber and Wilson, Springfield is my favourite

And to this one:

pdvd001ct7.png

Get a Marui 1911, buy black metal slide and stainless frame, go for a stainless bushing, chamber, outerbarrel and ambidextrous savety (if there's a working one for 1911A1 frame which has left side savety only or take a frame for National Match kit) … thats all, if there are no specific markings you want to have with it.

With Marui you will have the best chances to get the parts.

Or the cheap way: Go for a WE or KJW 1911 A1 (if I'm right, both have stainless barrel and chamber already), work on the frame and the bushing, until they're tainless (and you automaticliy get the used look from the picture) and just don't care about ambidextrous savety and the longer safety lever (that looks more like National Match or the Hicapa one).

Good luck, hope to see pictues soon ;)

Arnie up there seems to have more of a 1911-Before-A1-Model with straight spring housing, normal left side savety (looks a bit chubby), shorter hammer and bigger trigger block. Seems to be kind of old school lookalike custum gun. ACE CUSTOM or something. Arnies and gils gun seem to be different. She has thick grips as you can guess from this picture.

Edited by SamJacksonFan