1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPhg_story12A_544.jpg

Come on … that's not fair. You cannot just show such a beautiful piece to a guy like me who wants this type of gun so badly. I almost ruined my keyboards from the water floating water out of my mouth … :wide-eyed: Prime or PGC? So beautiful those Springfield ones … I only would have gone for an other sight, but that's all my personal issue … this novak is beautiful though.

:rolleyes::wub:

Shame really cause i could have used some help on that  :unsure:

From his sale thread:

Here are the specs:

WE 1911- I stripped off all of the paint, sanded everything smooth, repainted using scratch-proof Rustolium paint and clear coat, and then wetsanded the entire thing.

:zorro:

ok, so I'm polishing the frame on WE tonight. Does anyone have a picture of the SA trophy match gun from the other side so I can see if the controls are polished or black. I was thinking about leaving the controls, trigger, mag release and hammer black. And polishing the frame like the SA picture above.

Come on … that's not fair. You cannot just show such a beautiful piece to a guy like me who wants this type of gun so badly. I almost ruined my keyboards from the water floating water out of my mouth …  :wide-eyed: Prime or PGC? So beautiful those Springfield ones … I only would have gone for an other sight, but that's all my personal issue … this novak is beautiful though.

:rolleyes:  :wub:

An airsoft one is do-able. Prime/SD.

dsc00851fe2.jpg

I have one question though, why would you wetsand after painting? Sorry if that's a stupid question I've just never tried that before.

Wetsanding is used to even the actual finish, to remove any dimpling or irregular paint build up in places. Often used on car finishes to give that perfectly flat, even coat.

ok, so I'm polishing the frame on WE tonight.  Does anyone have a picture of the SA trophy match gun from the other side so I can see if the controls are polished or black.  I was thinking about leaving the controls, trigger, mag release and hammer black.  And polishing the frame like the SA picture above.

Look at the left side picture and your answer is right their.

###### to late to edit! Obviously I mean't right side. As I'm feeling less cryiptic and more helpful know, i'll explain.

IF you look carefully you will see that the shafts of the safety, slide release and mag catch visible on the right side are black.