1911 Picture Thread

1911leftwa0.jpg

1911righthg2.jpg

1911magszq3.jpg

Sorry to be prosaic with a simple TM 1911A1. It is bone stock right now but it won't be for long.

This is my *gasp* first 1911 and I am very pleased with it. I am surprised at how small it feel though as I am used to Hi-Capa sized grips.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

I definitely need some metal in the mix. I also am excited to checkout PGC's new sights as I am less than impressed with the stock ones.

I'll have to decide between a Springfield or a Silver Delta Elite. I'm actually leaning toward the Elite since they aren't as common.

Edited by Romulus

RS. It needs a fair amount of work though.

Marui's disconnector system is different and will require the sacrifice of the Marui grip safety (to make things slightly easier). Also, there are a few areas or interference that need to be accounted for.

A hicapa grip safety shouldn't require modifications to account for their disconnector system, but it will require modifying the frame's rear tang (same goes for RS if you don't get a beavertail specific to the old school/pointy tang).

It's a bit of a tradeoff between RS and hicapa grip safeties. If I had to do it again, I'd probably use the hicapa grip safety as a base. I have some on the way so I may do just that.

I didn't know Pachmayr made grip safeties. I used Wilson Combat but King also makes one for pointy tangs, though theirs looks more like the ducktail type found on Colt XSE's. Keep in mind that even though they are meant to be drop-in for RS, they are far from that when used on Maruis. They are probably drop-in for WAs though.

Wow, beautiful grips. If I'm not completely misstaken, those are LesBear grips … or at least the sign is LesBear. The Springfield-Logo-grips are definitely hot, but those have an own special style to it. Do you have a tip, where someone (for example me :rolleyes: ) can get a pair of these? Really nice.

Edited by SamJacksonFan