1911 Picture Thread

Shao14,

I just finished the build, the slide+frame is PGC, small parts are stock WA, Guarder and Sheriff all mixed. I had to convert the frame from SCW1 to SCW2, there will be an article about the build and conversion soon.

Actual price, I have no idea, because most parts I had lying around, but it wasn't cheap :blink:

M.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Prime kit, there :) I like how it looks like a gritty service gun now, and not all slick and shiny like the WA heavyweight material.

How was the fitting? I've been thinking about Prime's MCSOCOM ICQB MAR-DET1 kit, but I've been a little disappointed with previous offerings from them.

M.

ya very nice~. and marcus, u know my SW1911? can u give me some advice on wat to do with it? should i wait for kimber scw2? mod it myself? get a SW1911 slide. make it into summin else~

-ham-

Edited by -Ham-
ya very nice~. and marcus, u know my SW1911? can u give me some advice on wat to do with it? should i wait for kimber scw2? mod it myself? get a SW1911 slide. make it into summin else~

Hey,

I guess that depends on what you want to turn it into :)

I'm starting to get tired of the generic kits from Prime and PGC, but I enjoyed making the LAPD SWAT because of the additional challenge of converting it to SCW2 (and writing about it).

The only thing I don't like about the SW1911 is the longer trigger with smaller holes, I don't think it fits anywhere :( Other than that, I'm tempted to make a SW1911 PD CTC:

108296_large.jpg

I think it looks quite distinguished :) Maybe a good candidate to try some aluminium refinishing on, for the gray slide.

If you want a sneak peek on my Kimber article, here it is:

http://irc.arniesairsoft.co.uk/kimber/. It'll probably get put in Articles later on.

M.

cool, nice guide! but i think im ganna wait for the scw2 kimber series, then basically take everything out and make mine into a LAPD kimber with flashlight.

but that SW1911 PD CTC loox cool, and get white handles instead of the khaki/light brown.

thanks for the info and tell me wat u think :)

-ham-

Hey,

Those grips are Crimson Trace laser grips, the color is exclusive to Smith & Wesson, so I figure that's part of the attraction of that model :)

The rollmarks are also in the yellow/gold color you see on the frame, even on the reverse side of the slide, which makes the gun look quite distinguished and different in my book. Still, I'll only build one if I have lots and lots and lots of spare money and turn out to be very bored, I think I'm done with 1911's until I can afford to make truly my own.

Last I heard, the due date for PGC's SCW2 LAPD Kimber sets was very vague, and their Hotmail doesn't work any longer :(

M.

Hey Ham,

About the PGC set, I guess 'cause every retailer (WGC, UNCO, Boom etc.) I've talked to or had friends ask in the store for, has received the same response; "we don't know"... thus, vague :unsure:

I just figure it'd be fun to build something else for a change, some nice full metal Berettas with exotic wood grips perhaps. Or a Performance Center 945 :)

M.

Hey Al,

Nope, wasn't my PC945C, but it was probably me who posted it (it was off Metal Bantyo). I'd do a full-size PC945, though, not a compact.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I have any spare front sights, I just sold off a whole bunch to someone who also bought an old Magna metal frame from me, but I'll let you know if I buy something that makes me end up with a spare.

M.

dscf00131qd.th.jpg

dscf00191xd.th.jpg

dscf00240cj.th.jpg

dscf00136ez.th.jpg

dscf00237nn.th.jpg

And the P14, just for good measure.

p141small0sx.th.jpg

And the "parkerized" finish on my KJW, really just a flat primer in a close-to-right shade. I'm going to try perma-blue sometime in the near future.

dscf0049small0it.th.jpg

Edited by Whitedingo