1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. I just installed one in my TM 1911.

I haven't had a chance to run it by the chrono yet but, shooting it, I not only notice an increased FPS but also an increase in consistency. Between the DB Custom 6.01's and the PDI 6.01's I would defiantly recommend the PDI. I guess this is mainly because Stainless steel looks better than brass. I also have a 9Ball 6.03 of this length and I hope to run a comparison with it soon too.

I definately look forward to that! I nearly got two in my last HK order (1911 and m14) but i dont like buying things unless i have seen a few reviews.

I nearly got a DB custom one too, i sent in the order form and then never heard anything back and he ignored all my follow up emails, im just glad i didnt pay him.

Thanks for answering my question ;)

Looks good. I hope the reason Prime hasn't released any more compact kits for WA's, is because their busy making kits for this gun....

Those grips would look sweet on a Silver gun.

BTW my Ultra CDP II is all done (thanks to R.ocelot)...wanna trade?!

Eh, it is working OK as is, but I have the slide short stroked right now. Shoots almost what it does on the Hi Capa so I'm not the losing seal anywhere. I hid it in the pictures (some) but there is also the 1 inch gap between the dust cover and the closed portion of the slide.

1911pachyleftgk0.jpg

1911pachyrightdr1.jpg

1911pachyleftlockedxt3.jpg

1911pachymarxg6.jpg

1911signaturemadeov2.jpg

I have added quite a few bits and pieces over the past few weeks but without a doubt the Pachmayr Grips, which I just stole off my RS Combat Commander did the most for it. So far this gun includes the following:

- TM 1911A1

- RS Pachmayr Grips

- PDI 6.01mm Tightbore (112.5mm)

- SD Loading Nozzle

- SD Valve Blocker

- SD Piston Head

Within a few weeks this will be getting set up with an MBK but I figured that I'd do up the internal stuff first. Guess I got a bit carried away with the pictures but I just like the subtle change from WWII to tactical that the grips give the gun. Only bad part of the whole deal is that my RS Colt looks really stupid with plastic TM grips :D