1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok Ive had another bash at reassembling my tm1911-a1 into the pgc frame. Top slide is all done with shooters design barrel & chamber and a nineball guide rail. Weighs in a bit now I can tell ya, Im still working on the hammer mech though, so thats why it isnt fully complete yet...doh!

post-45651-1196177705_thumb.jpg

post-45651-1196177736_thumb.jpg

post-45651-1196177763_thumb.jpg

I seriously like yours Krame, good work.

Thanks guys. Thats looking like a nice gun RockDog. How is the nine ball recoil rod. I might get that one for my TM.

That actually looks surprisingly good. I guess that I am a fan of full length recoil rods.

Did you happen to see it you could fit the 1911 guts in your Hi-Capa?

Thanks, I was surprised at how good it looked too. I love full length recoil rods on 1911's. I haven't tried swapping the blowback chambers but the WE bareel and other guts don't work in the guarder slide. The recoil spring bushing doesn't fit and the barrel bushing wont work because the slide doesn't have notch to lock the bushing.

Edited by krame
Thanks guys. Thats looking like a nice gun RockDog. How is the nine ball recoil rod. I might get that one for my TM.

I have used the Nine Ball. It was OK, not as high quality as the FireFly reods with bearings. For a 1911 I prefer the PDI Unit. Highest Quality, stainless steel.

Thanks hks.

Just got my TM 1911.

Welcome to the club bro!

Now then, get the Series 70 Stainless body for it from Boomarms

And get some pictures posted! Take that Subie, and that gun in a case of course down to Ponte Vedra beach at sunrise and get some good images eh?

Slainte!