1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it doesn't quite contour to the frame right...huh. The hole for the thumb safety is off, isn't it? That's what happened when I fit a real one to my WA.

It's not really a matter of the thumb safety hole being off on the airsoft frame. The Wilson drop-in's contour looks the same even when used with RS.

Nice work with the beavertail and mainspring housing, Ben. Wasn't it fun? ;)

Welcome to the club bro!

Now then, get the Series 70 Stainless body for it from Boomarms

And get some pictures posted! Take that Subie, and that gun in a case of course down to Ponte Vedra beach at sunrise and get some good images eh?

Slainte!

LOL. Thats a nice mbk but i'm leaning more towards the sfa kit. But then again not many people have the series 70 kit. I shouldn't even ask this but what about the guarder kits. Their 'cheap' even from US retailers. I'm not buying an mbk until I sell my WE though.

Edited by krame
LOL. Thats a nice mbk but i'm leaning more towards the sfa kit. But then again not many people have the series 70 kit. I shouldn't even ask this but what about the guarder kits. Their 'cheap' even from US retailers. I'm not buying an mbk until I sell my WE though.

Guarder kits are pretty good-

And I agree on the Springfield, I'm just liking the idea of a Stainless or Chrome 1911 after seeing "No Country For Old Men" last weekend :P

Here is my Guarder Springfield with real-steel stocks to replicate the Springfield "G.I." model

Springfieldfinal4_med.png

Springfieldfinal3a_sml.png

Springfieldporch1_sml.png

Slainte!

I love the simplicity if that gun guinness. So, how is the fitting of the guarder kits. Lots of filing and sanding like I had to do with my guarder slide? If there is I just might go pgc if they fit perfect.

Edited by krame
They are roughly on par with each other in terms of fitting. Both require some work to get to cycle smoothly. The PGC is just higher quality.

What he said :rolleyes:

The PGC's weren't available when I did mine, and I really wanted a SPA G.I. replica. I think one of them, maybe it's the new Guarder kits have a 'Hecho in Brazil' or something like that on them now, which is technically accurate, but doesn't exist on the real-steel weapon. Much of SPA's 1911 line is actually forged by Imbel then finished at Springfield.

Slainte!

It's not really a matter of the thumb safety hole being off on the airsoft frame. The Wilson drop-in's contour looks the same even when used with RS.

Not that I noticed on my RS, but ok. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

ETA: Guess you were right. I reinstalled the Wilson Combat on mine, it doesn't contour quite right. I guess it's the angle of that one picture that makes it look much more pronounced than it really is.

Edited by Whitedingo

Wierd I can't edit my post above. Anyways the time has come, I know you guys are tired of seeing pics of my WE and I am considering selling it. The problem is I can't think of a good price. I was thinking about $150-$160. Maybe a little more if I sell the american legends with it. Well, whatever here are pics of it again with my old painted stock grips.

2072451963_6e318083ea_o.jpg

2072453031_2c23fe7daa_o.jpg

2073246626_831755102e_o.jpg

Wierd I can't edit my post above. Anyways the time has come, I know you guys are tired of seeing pics of my WE and I am considering selling it. The problem is I can't think of a good price. I was thinking about $150-$160. Maybe a little more if I sell the american legends with it. Well, whatever here are pics of it again with my old painted stock grips.

-Snip-

In my humble opinion......

I like those grips better- Save the Pach-y-derms for the next gun-

Slainte!