1911 Picture Thread

Can anyone confirm if the proud meusoc grips will fit a TM 1911?

I think I don't have a picture around but I tried my sandy orange ones on the 1911. Nice grips, but quite light, especially on the Marui which has metal inlays in the grips. Without the GBB lacks quite a bit of weight.

The Proud grips are quite edgy and uncomfortable in the bare hand. With gloves on the pattern should work perfect, tough. But I have the feeling the grips are wearing off quite easily. Well, it is normal polymer kind of thing, not G10. If you want to use them intensively I would recommend the original gunners or Pachmayrs. For normal use the Prouds are absolutely working, but give the palm of your hand quite an intensive pattern from holding tight on the grips with bare hands.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't fool me. haha. Because I did that when I got my tm 1911.

On another note does anybody know where I can get some SA grips that have the cross canon logo in the center. All I see is the SD copies on uncompany, and I'm pretty sure the real ones can be had for cheaper. I'm trying to build my TM into an SA Mil-Spec.

Edited by krame

I owned a pair of the real SA factory grips, and the Altamounts look like exact copies. But if you want the real thing, call Springfield Armory at 1-800-680-6866, ask for customer service, and tell them you'd like to place an order. The grips are called the SA Cross-Cannon Cocobolo grips, part numbers PI5143CB and PI5144CB. They'll run you $33 with shipping.

Ya its a great gun, with the pfi can on it, its friggen awesome. only problem is the weight of it. the stock recoil spring just doesn't have the strength to push it back that last 1/8 inch, with a new one (hopefully coming soon) that problem will vanish.

thought i'd throw one more up

PB290283.jpg

I'm doing 6 custom builds of Springfields at the minute. All are TM based. 5 x 1911 and one x 1911's frame with 2011 slide.

Below is the first one off the assembly line. PGC kit in black. I sanded and polished the sides of the slide and frame to match a current Springfield model.

Hiflow internals in slide and mag. Proud grips (took a little playing with to fit them). KM trigger from a Hicapa. Thought about an egg hole hammer but decided to stick those on a couple of the other builds.

Nice weighty piece of fun. Firing at 315fps on summer gas.

post-2968-1196444044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sherlock