1911 Picture Thread

Nice job Sherlock. No problems with the oval hammer and government safety? I was originally going to build something similar to that but in silver. I'm now doing a PGC Delta Elite in silver since thats the only silver kit I liked in stock anywhere.

Edited by krame
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hammer needed the top taken off a little when in the primed position. Can't be seen when home. Just where is rubs on the underside of the slide. The safety is standard TM jobbie and fine. The hidden end of the hammer is identical to the original one in every way. The hammer is intended for a TM HiCapa (5.1 or 4.3).

I start my PGC Springfield in silver tomorrow. :)

If you can afford the extra cash for the PGC then you should definitely go for it.

Guarder is good for the money but doesnt really compare to the PGC.

I suppose it depends what you are doing with the pistol as well. If you will just be skirmishing then the Guarder might be the best bet but if it is a collection pistol then it is PGC all the way!

The PGC is CNC'd aluminum right? Does that scratch easily? To be honest it will go out on the field with me but I doubt I will use it too much but I do expect to crawl on the ground much.

Then again I suppose I would rather stick with something cheaper since I just would like my TM to be metal.

Sherlock, I have to agree with hkssr20det, the engravings look kind of shallow. But nice looking piece man.

Anyway on a side note, this thread has had a long run. It'd be a shame to get it closed because of too much discussion.

We should really be using this thread for side discussions. Well at least for the TM 1911 anyway...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=109629

I've just checked against two more sets of Shooters Design Springfield grips and found what you see in the picture. The other two sets are the same as the one on the right. The set I'd open is shown on the left. i'll be sending it back. I guess their batch control isn't all that. Some might say 2 out of 3 ain't bad or was that just Meatloaf?

post-2968-1197024684_thumb.jpg

anyone know were i could buy FAKE pearl 1911 grips

i saw some on ebay for $22, however someone bought'em before i had a chance

You can buy them from AJAX grips, but they aren't going to be $22 more like $40+.

Pair of TM Delta Elites:

ee73ba61.jpg

Edited by hkssr20det
Well finally got my TM1911 with Delta frame to a stage where Im currently ok with it. I may be getting a nine ball barrel soon, as my SD one seems to lock the slide. But this is it...and I know I need a decent camera hehe

Did the kit not come with the Prowin outer barrel? I've found all of them so far tend to burr after a couple cycles on the end. Quick rub with 400 grit and some Brasso sorts it.

I've a spare NineBall outer in silver if it suits for £20. New but out of packet.

Hi Rom,

The cycling issues are fine when using the original outer barrel, but I really want to use the SD one. will need to find an expert to have a look over it I think.

I like the original hammer, so Im keeping that but may change the trigger as I have one sat on my desk, I will follow the tips you gave me. Other than that, Im not sure what other mods are out there really. I would like a hi capa style safety (kind of extended) but not sure if it will fit the 1911. One other thing Id like is on the end of the barrel, the black metal sleeve, Id like one in silver, but not found any after market ones.

Im gonna get myself another 1911 on order too. Not sure what my plans are for it yet though, because its gonna have to be a two tone

The PGC is CNC'd aluminum right? Does that scratch easily? To be honest it will go out on the field with me but I doubt I will use it too much but I do expect to crawl on the ground much.

Then again I suppose I would rather stick with something cheaper since I just would like my TM to be metal.

Better take care of that 1911! :P

I got to see a PGC'd TM 1911 in person and it's a seriously sexy bit of kit. The finish seemed to be on there pretty solid, I wouldn't worry too much about scratching. But be aware, that neither the PGC or Guarder Springfield kits are true replicas. The shape of both their grip safety tangs are wrong-they should be shorter and more rounded. They have the Government style tangs, which are longer and pointier. Nitpicking, yes, but it drove me nuts that if I was about to shell out $220 on a MBK I would be getting an ALMOST exact replica.