1911 Picture Thread

Ahhh i could tell that was Krames WE. I have to say that WE looks bad *albatross*...

Why do people insist on quoting pictures? It is pointless, especially from the same page, and really anoying.

You wouldn't do itif you where a 56k'er or reading this on a mobile ( like me ).

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh i could tell that was Krames WE. I have to say that WE looks bad *albatross*...

That actually isn't my old gun. It's his own work.

When My new KJW 1911 gets here I am gonna try to do a 2-tone look out of that....much like the WE it has no trades...

Go for it. It looks really good. My old WE was once 2-tone. If you want to check it out, there are pics of it on page 309.

TM Detonics .45

SD Detonics VI Slide (Silver)

SD 150% Recoil Spring

KM Hi Flow Valve

Slide took a bit of fitting compared to other SD slides I've had experience with. I like the engravings they chose MUCH better than the plain "Detonics .45" present on the original TM slide.

detonics1.jpg

detonics2.jpg

Edited by Pasch

Just got back from the platers. Needed silver bits for the Springfield and looking at Guns N Guys it was going to cost a small fortune (not to mention the hassle of wiring money instead of Paypal). Decided to sand the black off and get them nickel plated. Only added microns in thickness which is what I would of sanded off anyway. All the bits still fit and function fine.

post-2968-1198080571_thumb.jpg

Just got back from the platers. Needed silver bits for the Springfield and looking at Guns N Guys it was going to cost a small fortune (not to mention the hassle of wiring money instead of Paypal). Decided to sand the black off and get them nickel plated. Only added microns in thickness which is what I would of sanded off anyway. All the bits still fit and function fine.

Sherlock,

Just for your own future reference, you can email Guns 'n Guys and ask to make payment via Paypal instead of wiring the money.

I didnt know this myself until quite recently (it came up in a discussion on this forum)

The Nova Kimber SWAT kit arrived.

It comes in a plastic bag as you can see in the picture below. The beaver tail is an extra and doesn't come with the kit.

post-2968-1198170501_thumb.jpg

Markings on the frame, slide and chamber are of good depth and clarity. Chamber and barrel are one piece.

post-2968-1198170581_thumb.jpg post-2968-1198170557_thumb.jpg post-2968-1198170531_thumb.jpg post-2968-1198170617_thumb.jpg

Other bits included are a spacer, sights, locking pins and threaded oters for the grips. It even comes with some handy hints in English.

post-2968-1198170641_thumb.jpg

The sights have little dimples for aiming. these are all in black. I intend to kiss these with a drill bit to make them silver as on the ProWin kits.

post-2968-1198170677_thumb.jpg

Fitting the main chamber to the slide is easy (put the rear sight on first). You don't need to fit the small rail inside. There is a spacer to use instead. It is similar to the Tanio Koba one you'd fit when sticking on a 5.1 slide. This suggests this slide will fit one of them fine.

post-2968-1198170713_thumb.jpg

I have to sand the paint off the rails slightly to allow it to move freely (frame isn't rubbed it's just finger rubs). This is no where near as bad to fit as a ProWin though. The trigger sear needs no adjustment so there's slightly less material in the grip section than there is on the ProWin.

post-2968-1198170816_thumb.jpg

The grip threaded outers have threads to screw in from the front. No more pushing from the rear and fiddling around and still having slightly loose grips.

post-2968-1198170851_thumb.jpg

In summary a lot of thought has gone into this kit and the finish is very good. I am extremely pleased with it and already a convert. I've two more kits arriving this week that I took a chance on (silver and black Springfields). I must say it's a gamble that's paid off big time.

post-2968-1198170885_thumb.jpg post-2968-1198170902_thumb.jpg post-2968-1198170915_thumb.jpg

I've now got a Kimber SWAT that didn't break the bank and takes all my TM mags.

I do want to change the trigger for one that is coming and I've got an extended safety on order.

I'm after some SWAT grips if anyone has any. Even the grips off the WE Tactical would be close enough. Although the Meusocs are growing on me I may stick them on a Kimber Warrior.

BUY ONE!!!!!!

I also started fitting some real steel grips to my ProWin Delta. Just need to change the trigger in that and adjust the grip fittings.

post-2968-1198171039_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sherlock

BoomArms. Also got the grip safety from them. No idea on the grip safety make. It's a new crowd and it's specifically for the TM.

I was a bit late to get on the WA metal kit boat hkssr20det. Glad I didn't now though as I've 7 1911 style guns that all take the same mags.

I gotta say, that really looks like a rebranded Prime kit to me. My previous Prime TM kit came in the exact same packaging (stitching on the plastic and all) and included all the same parts and shared the same "hooking" plunger tube design. The only difference is that the Prime kit didn't come with a label.

Damn, I wish I had the money for the Kimber rail kit.

How much did they charge you for the beaver tail, and how close is the color match between the two blacks?

Looks good man. You plan on fitting a flat MSH, or are you going to leave that one on it?

NVM: They just listed it on their site. My god it's expensive. For a fully kitted out TM Kimber your looking at $533 not including the cost of the gun....I rather build a WA..

Edited by junior

Mag Catch-$48- http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=2095

Slide Stop-$38- http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=2094

Ambi Safety-$76- http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=2093

Beaver Tail- $68- http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=2096

Flat MSH-$38- http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=2097

Thats just wrong...to come out with all this just days before Christmas

Not to mention a plethora of new Prime MBK's, including the Kimber Ultra Carry II!

Edited by junior