1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see that BoomArms finally got around to listing all these new bits up on their site.

I, for one, would love to build up a Kimber with a TM base. While the price is high it's still less than I have in my TM Delta. I guess that I just need to come up with a reason to buy another 1911.

They polish up fine. 180 grit to break the surface and then 400 wet and dry to clean it up before some Brasso or Silver Polish.

Beaver tail was a drop in part. The frame on the Nova kit is as close to the TM frame as I've seen. Even the trigger sear stays full width.

Even with all the Prime controls, that kit is way cheaper than my WA Kimber. By a few hundred dollars. I just might need to wade into the Nova kits, but they haven't released one I have to have yet. Now a TRS would be nice....

C'mon. Comparing apples with apples the WA kit is definitely cheaper. WA Kimber Warrior (Gun+Kit) is about $555 or so. To build a TM Kimber Warrior is going to be well over $650 (Gun+Kit). Assuming you buy all the bells and whistles that go along with it (which you need to complete the "Warrior")

Now if/when TM releases the MEU (?) that'll drop the price down a few tics...

Sherlock: Does the beavertail have a hefty feel like steel or lightweight more like aluminum?

Sherlock - Did you get stung with import duty. Also what 1911 parts do you have left that are for sale?

Looks like a pretty good set. Boomarms have kindly put a MARSOC set aside for me. JUst gotta pay for it next friday.

Also my grips turned up from UNco. Going on the TM MARSOC.

Edited by CplHicks

Another Nova kit.

Springfield markings aren't as crisp as on the ProWin. the font they've used isn't quite right and it's missing the FIBRAZIL (frames are made in Brazil) on the front of the frame. The Springfield logo could be a little clearer. Could just be the silver one though. It's not polished, it's coated (maybe nickel). Review early next week on the black one will confirm this.

Nice to build though and not as much stuffing around to get the slide action right as there is on a ProWin or certainly a Guarder.

Nice to have a kit with the correct forward cocking grips on the slide and Novak style sights though (front sight and slide lock not fitted properly yet).

Chamber has SA.45 ACP markings on it.

post-2968-1198282411_thumb.jpg

Fitting the SD slide tonight, but no more pictures until the new trigger arrives next week. Shoots better than I remember, but only gets about 12 shots per fill in this weather.

PDI Bushing

PDI Flat Recoil Guide

PDI Hammer

PDI 6.01mm Tight Bore

Nine Ball Air Seal

Shooters Design Recoil Spring

5b87e239.jpg

94e34081.jpg

Edited by hkssr20det
Doesn't get more kick *albatross* than that. The magazine base just seems weird, the way it's angled out like that. You want me to send you a rubber mag buffer from a bob chow mag (assuming I can find it)?

Yeah the mag looks odd, but that is the way that the Detonics is designed. I don't think it will look any better with a mag base since the mag is chromed out. I need to think about that one.

Finally got the stats together for the Delta:

TM M1911A1

PGC Colt Delta Elite frame, slide, sights and outer barrel

PGC Recoil Spring

Nine Ball Air Seal

Nine Ball Dyna Piston

King Arms Hammer Spring (150%)

KM Stainless Hammer Strut

Carom Shot Stainless Sear

Guarder Hi Flow

PDI Stainless Unertl Trigger

PDI Stainless Novak NeXT Hammer (modified, removed Half-Cock)

PDI 6.01mm Tight Bore (7")

PDI JB Comp Set

TM Hi Capa MSH (modified)

TM Hi Capa 4.3 Thumb Safety (modified)

Wilson Combat Drop In Beavertail (very modified)

Lazza Monkey Grips w/ RS Delta Medallions

Chrono results:

1 - 405.1

2 - 401.8

3 - 398.6

4 - 390.1

5 - 391.9

6 - 390.9

7 - 391.3

8 - 374.9

9 - 381.9

10 - 381.9

Avg: 390.84

2d8b3076.jpg

6a51b4bf.jpg

f7b6f5b8.jpg

Now that is some decent power from a TM 1911. Gotta love the 7" PDI. How are you liking yours so far?

Looks really great though. It's nice to finally see a parts list and write up. I would be curious to know what kind of a grouping you are getting with the gun (and whether this will out shoot your 6" Infinity) though.

Now I'm even more exited about my Delta coming back...