1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added some new bits to the Delta, among them one of PDI's new Kotetsu Iron Delta Hammers. No idea if it's actually iron but its as nice as PDI's other hammers and cheaper. I also added a PDI full length guide rod, plug and Guarder steel bushing.

deltalong3.jpg

deltalong2.jpg

deltalong.jpg

deltam9.jpg

Edited by Pasch

just a quick question, does TM 1911 share the trigger and hammer with Hi-Capa? because you see those parts for sale for the Hi-Capa but not for 1911, yet there are lots of customized TM1911s around....

btw, anyone can point me to some pic of 1911 with the Pachmayr Signature fingergrooved grip, regular Signature, and maybe some fingergrooved wooden grip(not ALS), I figure grip will be the first thing to change when my 1911 gets here and I wanna see some options out there....regular non-wraparound grip is plentiful in this thread...

Yes, triggers for the hi-capa will work with the 1911. As for hammers its not completely the same. Because the 1911a1 uses a government safety and not a beavertail, most hammers won't work. Unless you put a beavertail on your 1911.

Edited by krame

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

My "battle worn" TM 1911 with Guarder SFA metal kit on it, had this for almost a year now and it still works great! I took some pics of this gun before and they'er floating around Arnies somewhere, but that camara was Bleh!!!

So I decided to take some pics again, this time with my sis's pink Sony Cyber-shot cam. :P

I LOVE that battleworn 1911 FriendlyFire! ! Looks so awesome!

Thanks, when I was done I thought it was a little too much but it grew on me and the grips came worn like that I got it off ebay. Suits the gun very nicely with little cracks on the edge of the grain and just the right size of chunk missing above the screw, and also it looks like the grips may have been in water.

Finally got my TM Delta back from hkssr20det after a bunch of custom work and tuning. All I can say this that I am really happy with this Delta. It's not quite finished but I figured that this was a big enough advance to warrant a bit of a write-up. The highlight of this gun is the RS Wilson Combat beavertail grip safety which looks even cooler in person.

I am interested to see what people think about the controls though. I am playing around with several options but my main choices are the Kimber Trigger (installed now) vs a TK 3-Hole trigger and 9Ball controls vs a black stock slide catch and a modded TM 4.3 thumb safety.

Without further ado, the pictures...

tmdelta1ku2.jpg

tmdelta2me4.jpg

tmdelta3ha2.jpg

tmdeltaae3.jpg

Bits:

TM 1911A1

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Mainspring Housing (Custom Fit)

PGC Colt Delta Elite Frame (Silver)

PGC Colt Delta Elite Slide (Silver)

PGC Colt Delta Elite 10mm Auto Outer Barrel (Black)

PGC Colt Delta Elite High Visibility Rear Sight

PGC 150% Recoil Spring

RS Factory Colt Delta Elite Grips

RS Wilson Grip Safety (Custom Fit)

PDI 5" 6.01mm Tightbore (112.5mm)

PDI NeXT Hammer (Silver)

PDI Kimber Style Trigger (Black)

KA 150% Hammer Spring

9Ball Dyna Piston Head

9Ball Long Slim Slide Catch (Silver)

9Ball Thumb Safety (Silver)

Edited by Romulus
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/NG85/DSC00338.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/NG85/DSC00339.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/NG85/DSC00340.jpg

My "battle worn" TM 1911 with Guarder SFA metal kit on it, had this for almost a year now and it still works great! I took some pics of this gun before and they'er floating around Arnies somewhere, but that camara was Bleh!!!

So I decided to take some pics again, this time with my sis's pink Sony Cyber-shot cam. :P

how did you go about doing that to the frame? i would love to do it to my 1911. its pretty scratched in places and untouched in others so id like to give it an all around worn look.

cheers

Looks good Rom. Personally I like the Tk 3-hole a bit better, but I'm definitely feeling the Kimber CDP style trigger you have there.

Thanks. I am planning to pick up a TK 3-hole so that I can swaping in and then compare the two. There's certainly nothing wrong withh the Kimber trigger though.

You want modern controls? Gotta get some modern sights.

What would you recommend? I'm not sure that I have that many options. I'm not sure that I would need to update tough if I go the stock black slide lock and 4.3 thumb safety route with a TK 3-hole.