1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would probably be best.

I tried my RS slide catch in my Delta the other night but unfortunately it wouldn't allow the mag to go all the way in. My guess is that this could be cured by a spot of dremeling on the bottom though. It would just take some experimentation. I need to test out the thumb safeties one of these days as well.

37eaba29.jpg

Uh, thats my favourite shot for shure … I love this shaped ejection port and the grips. And the outerbarrel (for a plastic one) looks definitely hot. Marui obviously improved a lot over the P226 and Hicapa 5.1 …

The „Kimber-Springfield-Government-whatever-1911“ posted before looks nice, too. Gold Chamber or is it just the light? Looks freaky with the gold color. :D

Yea, at first I though the a1 grip safety wouldn't look right with a flat msh but it grew on me and I think it looks great. Besides, it adds to the uniqueness since there aren't that many TM 1911's with a flat msh. I didn't get around to polishing the outer barrel since the PGC finish is really strong. I need to find a way to strip the paint without screwing up the tolerances too much. The meta underneath looks really good. When I polished my chamber the metal was very uniform and nice, no blemishes.

Guess you haven't seen many SVIs, gold colored barrel/chamber are pretty common on those guns.

Shure, but I didn't get the idea, that those chambers fit in single stack WA-models. But on the other hand, why should they not? ;)

Looks good … multi model piece with SVI chamber, Kimber Slide and 1911A1 frame plus Wilson mag :rolleyes:

Shure, but I didn't get the idea, that those chambers fit in single stack WA-models. But on the other hand, why should they not? ;)

SV make single stacker 1911s, with the same kind of barrel.

Looks good … multi model piece with SVI chamber, Kimber Slide and 1911A1 frame plus Wilson mag :rolleyes:

That's how they make MEU pistols.

I'm starting a project using my 1911, and, seeing as you guys probably have a hell'ova lot more experience than me, does anyone one know what parts would work with a KSC 1911, with hopefully as little customisation as possible?

Just finished stripping the slide, will hopefully post some pics up when i find the cable <_<

Well … now that you say it … shure, the MEUs are highly customized and tuned up. But I didn't know they used the Kimber TLE sight and gold chambers over the Nowlin ones ;)

Freedom of creativity :D and definitely looks hot with the gold …

And yes, I know in real steel SVI and STI themselves produce excellent single stackers, so does ParaOrdnance. Would love to see some GBB replicas along with the common SVI and STI race gun and hicapa models out there.

SebShot: Well, in matter of customization you haven't made the best choice with KSC. Marui or WA would have served you better with available spare parts. But there should be some little gadgets out there …

In a week or so I should have pics of my WE Tactical: tomorrow Im taking it to the engraver to have some custom markings on the slide done, RS Kimber grips are already fit, I sanded the front part (dont know the name) to make it look chrome and I still need to sand the hammer and trigger.

Does anyone have a disassembly guide for the WE 1911 TActical? I need to take out the trigger and the hammer and have NO experience with GBBs.

Thanks!

Never trust Wikipedia too much. Good source, a good starting point. But not the last word. :P

But shure, armorywise they will take what works best … and if it is a chamber by Strayr Voigt, they'll use that, too, maybe not the gold one though :)

To sum this up, MEUs and Socom-weapons can show various versions and combinations, and the airsoft model shown here with the gold chamber is a very nice one, too. Interesting thing is: the Seals prefer mostly the SIG P226 over any 1911 model, while other units swear on their .45 ACP. Good to hear for us 1911 fans …

By the way: anyone allready had a hand on the new Kimber TLE II and Marsoc with teflon finish? Any performance improvement over the former one? How's the finish? Can somebody present some detail picture?

Edited by SamJacksonFan