1911 Picture Thread

does anyone know how to use front strap checkering files?? I know they are meant for RS 1911's but im thinking they would work. Saves the trouble of getting a nova frame.

You do realize that hand-cutting checkering at 30 lines per inch is a very good way to go blind? You can learn the basic technique from pistolsmithing books, but they may not be in depth enough unless they are dedicated textbooks.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I thought your infinity 1911 looked really good. I should get some hi-capa sights and just get a hi-capa slide, theres so much more choices than metal kits meant for the 1911. Didn't get the chance to fire it a lot, but it doesn't feel right. Slide feels like its not moving smoothly and the fit is kinda loose.

Well, it looks interesting but on the other hand still kind of mixed up as the eadgy checkering on the slide does not really fit to the classic 1911A1 frame.

But with some design work like we see it on the Kimber Raptor, there could definitely evolve a nice Limcat/Panthera Custom single stack gun. Definitely good point and inspiration.

I think you can safely assume there will be a review forthcoming ;)

The outer barrel's finish is pretty good on the Detonics, although it's only plastic, so will need replacing (expensive with the chamber) if you go full metal.

Cheers.

My review's now online if you're interested - http://www.justpistols.co.uk/tm_Detonics.htm

Thanks to Airsoft Direct for the loan for the review.

Cheers.

Edited by snowman

I wonder if someone here could give me a hand;

I'm just about to purchase 'WA Magna Tech 1911 series'80 MKIV' (Just pistols). Now, I've been unable to find any magazines for the thing >.< All I know is that they're not compatible with TM or WE magazines. Does anyone know where I could source magazines that they know will work with the gun? I'm not so fussed about where they come from so long as I get some more :( (The thing only comes with one and the seller is unsure of where to get anymore.)

Thanks

Elite Airsoft sell WA 1911 mags. Cheaper to get them from HK though.

btw, that review you linked to is of the older SCW2 Series 80, different to a magnatech.

Edited by hitmanNo2
Bah. WGC sent me an email today saying the TK parts are out of stock, they could have sent it before i paid. LOL. Just emailed them back and asked if i could wait till there in stock again.

You too? Yep they sent me the same email today too.... <_< I too told them I would wait till the next stock.

EDIT: Ah and great review snowman!

Edited by FriendlyFire!
where the hell are the trades... it looks nice... but kinda looks like a WE

I got it used....it's a metal slide, but it has no trades. :( But I'm not that big on trades, I mean, I'm a skirmisher, not so much a collector.

Plus, it shoots AMAZINGLY well, so I'm happy. :D

Oh, and no, it's not a WE...even if it looks like one, nope. Got TM trades on the frame.

Edited by Kiki-Jiki

If the frame has Marui trademarks, it won't be able to use WE mags, they don't fit. It could be a WE slide.

Edit: If you look at the pic, you can see it is a TM mag. The bottom does not have pins, but rather a screw through the base plate.

Edited by hkssr20det