1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question, does anyone know where i can find a 2 tone kimber slide for a tm 1911? can i run propane in a stock tm? and if so does anyone know what my fps would be with propane, and a 6.01 barrel? im in the market for a new pistol but im still not sure what to get. i want a customizable 1911, and preferably one that has a single stack mag that doesnt stick out the botom any advice?

2007_0122airsoftbulletshoot0019.jpg

2007_0122airsoftbulletshoot0011.jpg

For Marui there are lots of aftermarket parts. But Western Arms does too, with it's range of 1911s.

But since you can use Marui Hicapa Slides on a Marui 1911 frame with a little adaptor piece the Marui 1911 is highly customizable. With shooters design you have the best option to find a dual tone Kimber slide. Have seen one, but I'm definitely not shure if it was a slide for WA 1911.

Post some pics, when you're onto your customizing project ;)

Edited by SamJacksonFan

1911 lovers help me out.

I have 2x Detonics Combat Masters.

My objective is to make them look like this:

mrm_mk6_leftside.jpg

I have:

SD classic stainless frame x2

SD classic stainless slide x2

SD classic Steel outer barrel x2

SD hammer x2

PDI sear x2

PDI 6.01 barrel x2

PDI steel plug x2

Firefly recoil rod x2

Upgrade recoil spring x2

The way I see it I need:

SD valve knocker x2

Nine ball hop rubber x2

Pachmeyer wrap around classic grips for Detonics Combat Master

And your help:

Can you recommend the following parts, all need to be stainless unless specified and need to be steel or very high quality.

Stainless mag catch x2

Stainless slide stop x2

Stainless single side safety x2

Stainless thing-that-holds-the-detente-spring-for-the-safety-and-the-slide-stop (I don't know what it is called but it's the thing above the left side grip.) x2

Stainless not-a-grip-safety (I don't know what it is called either and it probably isn't out yet) x2

Black steel main spring housing (not out yet either) x2

D shaped piston head made of a decent material preferably the nineball dyna type so I get the rocket valve spring too. (not out yet) x2

Upgrade hammer spring (not out yet) x2

Black steel rear sight x2

Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Anyone want first dibs on this bundle before I make a thread in the for sale section?

dsc00934rup6.jpg

Wow, that looks amazing, why would you sell that! Sadly my bank account is running dry.

Hate to ask questions on here but it is not worthy of a new topic...

Were do all you guys buy grips for your TM 1911, I have looked at all the HK sites I know of and only found a few grips (WGC seems the best ATM, they sell smokeys grips which look lovely)

For Marui there are lots of aftermarket parts. But Western Arms does too, with it's range of 1911s.

But since you can use Marui Hicapa Slides on a Marui 1911 frame with a little adaptor piece the Marui 1911 is highly customizable. With shooters design you have the best option to find a dual tone Kimber slide. Have seen one, but I'm definitely not shure if it was a slide for WA 1911.

Post some pics, when you're onto your customizing project ;)

yea, id rather save myself some money and get a tm if its possible to get the look/performance i want out of it. any idea where i can find this adaptor for hicapa slides?

problem with getting the tm though is that i think at this point i want the entire gun silver with the exception of the two tone slide, black controls and black hogue grips. anyone know what gun would be closest to this in its stock form? and does WA use the same inner barrels as tm?

Were do all you guys buy grips for your TM 1911, I have looked at all the HK sites I know of and only found a few grips (WGC seems the best ATM, they sell smokeys grips which look lovely)

I think quite a few of them get the grips for real-steel and put it on their's, as it is apparently fully compatible(or with minimum mod)....the prices seem alright on eBay too, and quite a few selection as well...

Nice RCP grips. Their Micarta right?

Homemade modification of WA ser80 officer grips (exactly the same ones seen on the 2 tone in the 2nd pic)

If you look closely, you'll see where I filled in the counterbore that holds the colt medallion (still needs a bit of putty and sanding to blend it in)

edit:speeeling and Thanks :)

Edited by Ledpocket
No the frames are not compatible. I don't think there are any silver frames for the TM 1911 that yo can buy individually. You have to buy the whole slide/frame kit. I have seen a few individual frames but they are not silver.

thanks for the info, im reely trying to get a silver 1911 with a 2 tone slide, black grips, trigger and controls, so buying the kits for the marui 1911 doesnt seem right to me if im not even going to use the slide.

WA SCW2 Prime Caspian Delta kit, (magwell and mainspring housing excess ground off and reblued)

Slide: Caspian with 'hidden' Bomar, flat top and ribbed, SCW3 internals

Frame: Caspian recon style with integral magwell (removed), SCW3 internals

X-Fire threaded external barrel

X Fire 6.01 inner barrel, cut down to suit above

Gun styled on the Army Marksmanship Unit 1911A2's built for a test program for Special Operations units circa 2005.

It just so happens that I saw that in some of the trailers for Metal Gear Solid 4, Snake appears to be using an "enhanced.45" very similar to the gun I was building (not the SIG GSR which is also seen). To be fair Snake's gun appears to be more Springfield Operator based, judging by the hammer. Also his gun appears to have a Lasermax guide rod (switch on the slide stop!)

Current set up is an homage to the MGS 4 pistol, albeit with some features that I prefer, I'm not sure whether to keep this current set up or go to for the all black look, with more traditional 5" barrel and black trigger too - time will tell!

gallery_16881_775_141480.jpg

gallery_16881_775_112687.jpg

gallery_16881_775_308230.jpg

gallery_16881_775_422635.jpg

gallery_16881_775_93050.jpg